2015 Ford Fusion Energi drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Fusion Energi:

2015 Ford Fusion Energi Owner Comments

Apr 062015

Fusion Energi

I parked my car, turned off the push button ignition, exited the vehicle, locked it and walked into starbucks. Halfway into the store I heard a crash sound, turned and didn't see my car. It had rolled from where I parked it across a parking lot and hit a parked vehicle. It easily could have hit and hurt or even killed a pedestrian. When I got into my car I noticed I had inadvertently left it in drive. I take responsibility for not putting the car in park but I find it disconcerting and dangerous that the car provides no warning when that is done. Had I left the car on it would have honked when I exited the vehicle. Had I left the car in drive in my Honda I would not have been able to remove the key without putting the car in park. I believe that is an important safety measure and one that should be required in any car, including push button start cars. Without some sort of safety feature I feel it's only a matter of time until someone is hurt or killed by an inadvertent runaway car. I did call Ford (both the company and the dealership) and they said the car behaved as expected given what I had done. I should also point out that my Nissan leaf, which also had a push button ignition, would not rollaway if I left it in park and turned the car off - it would in fact put itself into park.

- Encino, CA, USA

Dec 032012

Fusion Energi 4-cyl

Vehicle lost all power and did not allow access to vehicle by owner. Eventually, owner was able to gain access. Vehicle towed to dealership, where vehicle diagnosed with a "dead" battery. Seven days later blue charging ring continuously blinked creating issues with other vehicles and individuals and center electronic went blank eliminating back up camera and system controls and remained blank for several minutes and would flicker back on (this occurred more than once.). again taken to dealership, charging port and cable replaced. Next morning vehicle showed a "wrench" warning sign which indicates a "power train" issue and vehicle would not engage in gear. After four attempts, vehicle engaged in gear and vehicle was taken back to dealership. Vehicle has been in dealership service department for over 64 days awaiting electrical components from europe.

- Ashland City, Tennessee, TN, USA