2.2

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid:

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Owner Comments

Sep 042016

Fusion Hybrid

Driver's door latch failed -- unable to lock drivers door, unable to open door using inside door handle.

- Plano, TX, USA

Jul 052016

Fusion Hybrid

When attempting to open the driver's side door to get out of the vehicle the handle will pull as if to open however the door will not open. The spring inside the driver's side door handle broke preventing occupants from opening the door from the interior of the car. In order to open the door the occupant must roll the window down and open the door using the exterior handle. Speaking to a Ford representative they notified me this is a common issue with the Fusion models.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Sep 082015

Fusion Hybrid

While exiting the vehicle, the left-front interior door handle broke on it's lower-left corner. Because of the breakage, the door will only lock with the interior door lock. Pressing the lock button on the key fob locks all doors except the left-front.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Jul 302015

Fusion Hybrid

Driving at highway speeds, normal operation, in sunny conditions when I lost acceleration ability and was only able to coast. The yellow wrench indicator came on (no check engine light). I was fortunate enough to move to the should safely since there was limited traffic on the highway and I was driving in the right lane. I cycled the car off and on and was able to resume normal operation. This same situation happened twice more in city driving before I could get into the dealer for an appointment. Eventually the dealer evaluated the vehicle and replaced the electronic throttle body.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Sep 042013

Fusion Hybrid

I was traveling approximately 55 mph under normal driving conditions when the car lost power and I was able to drift to side of road. Wrench light came on. I waited a few minutes and restarted the car. It idled rough at first but I was able to continue the drive home without incident. I researched this problem on the internet and discovered that Ford Fusion of my year and mileage were experiencing this issue. The first recommended coarse of action was to use a throttle body cleaner. I did this and the car seemed to operate fine under conditions 25 mph. I set off to work on the 6th and the car shut off on me six times before I could make it twenty miles and get back to the house. This is an obvious manufacturers defect and needs to be handled appropriately.

- Midlothian, VA, USA

Jul 042013

Fusion Hybrid 4-cyl

Why has nothing been done yet? I'm a fairly poor upstanding member of society, and I was trying to be green. Now I'm stuck with a $16,000 go cart that I cant drive on a highway because it can't go over 35mph. I had 2 yellow wrenches on my dash. I was stuck in a one lane rode with no place to pull over and about 100 people honking at me. I have been a faithful Ford owner for over 13 years; I've been telling my friends and co-workers how great they are. Now I have to beg for them to fix my car, or I can go get ripped off by my local dealer. Please help. I thought you people were better than this.

- Dublin, OH, USA