2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid:

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Owner Comments

Jul 112016

Fusion Hybrid

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion hybrid. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator remained illuminated. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the remedy was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 83,000. The VIN was not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Mauldin, SC, USA

Jul 012016

Fusion Hybrid

Takata recall. Received "safety recall notice 16S26/nhtsa16V-384 warning ruptured inflator could cause "death." Yet Ford dealer has no parts and Ford says no idea when parts will arrive and that "car is safe to drive". have large family and cannot use car because of this. No loaners available.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Jun 012016

Fusion Hybrid

Takata recall when I called the dealership to get a "timeline" as to when this problem would be resolved, I was told "there is no timeline". I said does that mean it could take years" the response was silence! so I need to be sure no one sits in the front passenger seat or risk there death and if they die it is all my fault. The recall was 11 weeks ago..... what exactly is a reasonable amount of time"

- San Jose, CA, USA

Jul 272016

Fusion Hybrid

Currently there is recall on the passager airbad. I inqured at the dealer for a loaner car untill my car is fixed. Such offer was denied. I was told that there has been only one issue witha Ford mustang. One is too many. Also I was told that the highway safety department gave insturctions that the vehicle can be driven untill the airbag issue is taken care of. I am not sure if this is corrent. In any case, this is wrong, even if there was only one death. I purchased the vehicle from Ford, and I was told that it was a safe car, now 5 years down the road I find out that it is not. Your help with this matter is very much appreciated.

- Chino Hills, CA, USA

Jun 302016

Fusion Hybrid

"pass airbag off" light comes on randomly when passenger is seated regardless of car movement, speed, or road conditions. Attached is a recent incident.

- Escondido, CA, USA

Nov 152010

Fusion Hybrid

Airbag disabled warning light appeared on dash. Took it to dealer and after 2 days, it was decided that the computer controlling the airbags had to be replaced. For the next 4 years this same light has come on indicating the airbags are not operating. Each time the same dealer has said the problem was "in the wiring harness under the passenger seat". it works for a time and then with no warning fails again. On one occasion it occurred just when leaving on a 2500 mile trip so we were without airbag protection. I am convinced that it has to do with having a passenger in the right rear seat and that feet under the seat interfere with the wiring. The dealer has never resolved it. Multiple times it has resolved itself before I can get in for service so I am brushed off by the dealer. I consider driving this car without working airbags a great life threatening hazard. I was the passenger in a vehicle with airbag deployment once and am convinced my life was saved by them.

- Denver, CO, USA