2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid:

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Owner Comments

Oct 102016

Fusion Hybrid

Passenger rear door latch would not properly interlock, meaning door wouldn't stay shut. This happened in a stationary position when I opened the door to get a passenger out then I went to close the door, having the door bounce back to me. To note: A recent recall was administered due to faulty latches and I had it replaced at Ford in Feb 2016... 8 months later issue resurfaced, not cool.

- Catoosa, OK, USA

Aug 162016

Fusion Hybrid

Door latch recall. Last month (July 2016) the front passenger door of my 2013 Ford Fusion flew open while we were driving. It would not close. We later learned Ford has recalled hundreds of thousands of vehicles, including 2013 Ford Fusion for this exact problem. We were told our VIN was not included in the recall. We had no option but to pay the nearly $500 cots of replacing the faulty door latch. Now, only one month later (August 2016), the rear driver side door of my car flew open and would not close, again due to a faulty door latch. My car is not even 3 years old, and I have spent nearly $1000 to replace parts that should last the life of the car. It is infuriating that this is a known problem, and Ford is doing nothing to help. I now have the option of spending an additional $1000 or risk having the other two door latches fail as well. The most disheartening aspect is the tremendous safety issue this problem creates, which makes my "choice" not really a choice at all. For the safety of my family or others who may be riding in my car, I simply must pay to have the other door latches replaced. I have made numerous calls to Ford, and they just refer me back to the dealership for assistance. The dealership in turn sends me back to Ford. I have been going back and forth with neither party showing any interest in helping to resolve this problem.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

May 272016

Fusion Hybrid

The rear passenger door latch failed and the door swung open while the car was in movement. The door still does not close and the latch will need to be replaced. NHTSA action number EA15002 addressed this exact issue on similar vehicles, but my particular vehicle was not included by Ford on the recall that resulted from that action.

- Plantation, FL, USA

Mar 142016

Fusion Hybrid

Rear passenger door not closing. This is the 3rd time this has happened to my vehicle!

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 092015

Fusion Hybrid

The door latch on my rear passenger door failed. The door will not latch and stay closed. There is a current recall on my car for this issue. In the recall Ford says that all latches must be replaced. Obviously I have defective parts in my car. The dealership tells me that they will only replace the broken part and not the other three doors because they don't have enough parts. That is not my problem. My problem is being able to travel down the freeway safely and not worry that my doors are going to fly open. It's unethical that Ford can know there is a safety issue and not address it in a timely manner. I wonder if anyone in the Ford family is driving a car with defective door latches. I bet not.

- Tracy, CA, USA

Nov 212013

Fusion Hybrid

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fusion hybrid, the contact stated that the over head passenger side handle broke after using it for support to get out of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician verified the failure and replaced the handle; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 12,626 and the current mileage was 19,000.

- Leavenworth, KS, USA