4.4

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid:

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Owner Comments

May 012016

Fusion Hybrid

When ever I stop for gas the car has trouble starting.it also stopped running at a red light. After a few minutes it turned over. Car makes a strange noise when doing 40 mph or more.I don't feel anything different. But it makes a loud noise every couple seconds.

- Loxahatchee, FL, USA

Feb 042016

Fusion Hybrid

Twice I have turned right into my driveway and my car has surged forwarded as if hit from behind or the brakes failed. I am obviously at a low speed and the road slopes down slightly. My drive is gravel. It probably surged a good car length before the brakes engaged, yet my foot was on the brakes the entire time. It was scary as hell. The first time I thought I had been hit from behind by another car. The dealer looked at it today and found no issues. I'm not happy with this waiting to happen again as I have no idea what sequence of events caused it before. The first time was about a month and a half ago and the other time was one week ago.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Aug 122015

Fusion Hybrid

Purchased a used 2013 Ford Fusion hybrid from carmax around May 2015 with approx 25000 miles. On 8/6/15 at approx 4:15pm the car was traveling approx 65 mph on the interstate when the command on the dash was given to stop safely now. I pulled over to the shoulder and restarted the car. A week later on 8/12/15 while traveling at approximately 45mph the same message stop safely now appeared after the car shook gently. All power was disabled and was able to pull once again to the shoulder and restart without further issue. Car is currently being checked out at the Ford dealer.

- Mechanicsville, VA, USA

Apr 162015

Fusion Hybrid

Driving into work in the morning on a 3 lane busy road, the "stop safely now" alert came on and the car stalled. It came to a complete stop while I was in the middle lane of the road with cars rushing around me to be on their way. I had to get out of the car and, with the help of some good samaritans, push it to safety across 4 lanes of traffic into a commercial parking lot. The car would not restart. I had it towed to the dealership where it was held for 7 days and they told me it "just started working over the weekend and we don't know why it failed because there weren't any error codes to read". here is the report from the dealership: "towed in wrench light came on and stop safely light came on also caused by no crank, no start. Self test, 20 dtc S. cleared dtc S. started ok after dtc S cleared. Road tested & retested, dtc S did not return. Needs to be driven more." I have played phone tag with the Ford customer rep for weeks now and I have grown irritated. I do not have any trust in this car to reliably keep myself, my wife and newborn child safe. We feel helpless at this point because there doesn't seem to be any concern or reassurance shown on Ford's behalf and we're stuck in a car that we owe more than its worth. The money would feel more well spent had there have been some effort shown by Ford to make it right and rebuild our trust in their product. However, this has not been the case and it looks like we're on our own to just deal with this major safety issue as it comes up or drown ourselves in negative equity by trading it in for a car that we can trust. This car is a safety risk to myself, my family and the general public.

- Milford, NH, USA