7.5

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid:

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Owner Comments

May 102013

Fusion Hybrid

II am writing to you because I have become very displeased with the Ford Fusion hybrid (VIN): 3fa6polu3dr265494 purchased from jim hudson Ford located in lexington, South Carolina on February 19, 2013. My reasoning for purchasing the Fusion hybrid was because of it available safety features and gas mileage I expected to received then advertised as 40 mph. In so many ways I have been pleased with the safety features provided on the Fusion, especially the forward sensing, forward collision warning, cross lane alert, voice activated telephone, radio and navigation system. The car handles well and most important both my spouse and I are comfortable with it's handling. Now my dilemma! thus far there have been at least ten recalls pertaining to the Ford Fusion, not all applies to my specific vehicle, however there have been enough to give me concern about driving the vehicle on any extended trip. I have expressed my concerns to the representative at jim hudson Ford where I take my car for service but being told if something happen while you are on a trip any Ford dealer would assist was no relief. Both my wife and I are in our mid-seventies, have mobility issues and reliability, safety and a peace of mind are important! I need a car I can depend on not just one with some great safety features that have been nullified due to pending recalls. I feel this car no longer represent to me the car I assumed I was purchasing and even-though it may still be safe to drive I no longer have the confidence, nor do I any longer feel comfortable when behind the wheel.

- West Columbia, SC, USA

Nov 182014

Fusion Hybrid

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fusion hybrid. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number:14V597000 (air bags, seat belts). The contact stated that the part needed to remedy the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Shenandoah Junction, WV, USA

Sep 042014

Fusion Hybrid 4-cyl

The cars warning lights for hill stop assist, service advance trac, traction control, and the air bags all came on indicating that these safety features we're not working properly. Taken to the dealer and they said its the rcm or restraint control module that failed. The car was in no accidents, and was driving normally. This part is backordered for weeks but Ford would not provide a loner vehicle, so we faced with driving a car that is definitely not as safe as purchased, and the mandated safety features are not working. This problem is happening T many Fusion 2013 hybrid owners as seen on the Ford forums, and it needs to be a recall, and people should get a loner car while waiting for these to get fixed.

- Mare Island, CA, USA

Jan 232013

Fusion Hybrid 4-cyl

Approximately after 10 minutes of driving, the engine shut down and the electric motor got stuck at about half its power (according to the display on the dashboard). The front air bag malfunction light was on (this had happened 3 times before during the past two weeks), the "hill assist off" light turned on, and a large warning message came up on the left side of the dashboard. The vehicle had very little power, I managed to get to the side of the road and pulled over in a parking lot. Parked and turned the ignition off, waited a minute and started the vehicle. It worked normal for the rest of the drive (5 more miles). The next morning, the front air bag malfunction light came up again after 4 or 5 miles of drive. I took the vehicle to the dealer.

- Uniontown, OH, USA