2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid:

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Owner Comments

Sep 052015

Fusion Hybrid

While driving on the highway, the power steering failed. With difficulty, I was able to get the vehicle home. It was especially difficult to turn the vehicle at lower speeds after I left the freeway. The next day, I turned on the car and the steering was working again. For a couple miles, then the power steering loss resumed. I carefully drove it to the dealership on Monday, where it remains.

- Murrysville, PA, USA

Jul 212015

Fusion Hybrid

Vehicle breaks stopped working and went straight to the floor. Also loss of steering. Since both the brakes and steering are electronic I believe there was a electronic failer in the car.

- Howell, MI, USA

Sep 182014

Fusion Hybrid

On at least 3 occasions when turning left usually a hard left turn and usually when I park the power steering goes out and the dash lights up. It has been to the dealer 3 times and they cannot find a problem but if the steering goes out on a turn at a higher speed it could cause an accident. The dealer said when the problem happens again to drive straight to the dealership and don't turn off the car and that only works if they are open. I am concerned!!!

- Whitetown, IN, USA

Apr 012014

Fusion Hybrid 4-cyl

Pulling into a parking lot warning light came on that said steering fault - service now. I went into my appointment came out started that car to go to the Ford dealer which was approximately 15 miles away and when I started to back out of my parking space - warning light saying "steering failure-pull over safely along with alarms and the traction control light were flashing in warning and I had zero steering capability. Had to call road side assistance. It was less than 50 feet that I had driven from the first warning light. In my opinion if I had been on the interstate or driving in inclement weather the warning light did not give enough warning to safely allow me to get myself and my car out of danger.

- Lehigh Acres , FL, USA