1.7

2008 Ford Taurus X engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Taurus X:

2008 Ford Taurus X Owner Comments

Mar 052016

Taurus X

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Taurus X. the contact stated that while driving at 55 mph, the check engine warning light illuminated as the vehicle lost power. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who diagnosed that the ignition coils on cylinders 3 and 5 had melted and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. However, the failure recurred and the vehicle was taken to another independent mechanic, who diagnosed that the ignition coils on cylinders 3 and 5 had melted yet again and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. However, the failure persisted and the vehicle was taken to a dealer but had not been diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 166,000.

- Kings Court, TN, USA

Apr 092013

Taurus X 6-cyl

I was taking my son to physical therapy for a stroke he had. The car just shut off. I had to find a place pull over and coast to a stop. After sitting for a few minutes, I started the car and we went on without further incident. However, over the past year and a half, it has shut off on me in the middle of traffic several times. No one could find the answer until recently. We replaced a censor in the transmission and hope that fixes it. I could have been seriously hurt or killed on the occasions that the car shut off in traffic. We recently learned that Ford knew about the problem. Our transmission date is September 2007, which is in the time frame Ford says they knew the problem existed. I think Ford should be made to pay for the parts and labor it caused us.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Jan 082014

Taurus X

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Taurus X. the contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle failed to accelerate then stalled. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic who stated that the computer, six coils, and the spark plugs would have to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was being repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 56,620.

- Islip, NY, USA