4.0

1996 Ford Thunderbird engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Ford Thunderbird:

1996 Ford Thunderbird Owner Comments

Nov 222015

Thunderbird LX 4.6L V8

I have owned 3 T-Birds over my short lifetime, killed one, wrecked the other and guess what the one I killed. I ignored the oil leak, so yeah don't ignore it. It's a small problem, but it can kill your car. All three of my t-birds have started leaking oil around 100k, altho I haven't found the source of the leak yet, nor could a shop find the little bugger. I just live with it. In the big picture, it's a very small problem on an otherwise fantastically reliable car.

- , Palm Harbor, FL, USA