8.0

2. replace reservoir (1 reports)
2003 Ford Thunderbird cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Thunderbird:

2003 Ford Thunderbird Owner Comments

Oct 172014

Thunderbird 3.2lV6

Since the first one was replaced, it has happened 3 more times in less than a month apart.. I have had to have a new reservoir put on it three times. The reservoir was covered under warranty since it happened so close each time, but I ended up paying all the labor. This should be a recall on Ford's part. It is a hassle as you never know when it is going to run hot again. I am skeptical about driving it. it is a 2003 model and I only have 90,000 miles on it. I take care of my cars, and I hate this problem.

Update from Jun 12, 2015: Just got it back from shop today and they had to replace reservoir again.

- , BRIMINGHAM, AL, USA

Jul 132011

Thunderbird 3.9L

HAD IGITION COIL AND GASKET PROBLEMS FIXED BY FORD UNDER AN EXTENDED WARRANTY MID-2010. SINCE THEN I SMELL OVERHEATING BY MY CAR AFTER DRIVING. IT HAS GOTTEN WORSE AND NOW IT SMELLS SO HOT IN THE GARAGE AFTER DRIVING AND THE WATER LOOKS FINE.....I'M AFRAID TO DRIVE IT NOW. AFRAID TO TAKE IT TO FORD DEALER BECAUSE OF THE COST TO DIAGNOSE. I LIVE ON A LIMITED INCOME ON SOCIAL SECURITY AND WORRY ABOUT COST OF REPAIR.

- , Palmdale, CA, USA