2005 Ford Thunderbird brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Thunderbird:

2005 Ford Thunderbird Owner Comments

Aug 112010

My 2005 Ford Thunderbird for no apparent reason just looses power and the wrench icon come on. I was driving on the freeway and this happened and I barely made it to the side of the road. This happened to me in 2007 and I took it in to a Ford dealership and they could not find anything wrong. Now it is happening again and I almost got in to a serious accident at high speed. I did a search and found that this is has happened enough that Ford extended the warranty for the coil on plug. When I called my dealership and explained the problem they told me that the cop is not the problem but to bring it in. In my search I found that several people with this same problem were told that the cop was not the problem only to spend over $1500 on an electronic throttle control and that did not fix it. When they went back the problem was then discovered to be the cop. This is dangerous and should be a recall. At the very least the service people at Ford should be aware of this potential life threatening problem. From what I have found it has been a problem since the 2002 Thunderbird. My Ford dealer should have been aware of this when I brought the car in under full warranty in 2007 before I had another incident that could have caused a very serious accident. This was very scary and it alarms me that it is not being taken seriously enough.

- Coon Rapids, MN, USA

Feb 252009

1. I was accelerating from a stop position and the "wrench icon" came on and the car went on :"limp mode". 2. has occurred twice, once, a week after they installed a new electronic throttle control. 3. I am afraid the throttle could jam on the major highway that I travel everyday to work. 4. I did a search on this problem and so far I have counted 20 complaints and I stopped searching. 5. this happen on a 2005 Ford Thunderbird that I just purchased.

- New Braunfels, TX, USA