5.2

2013 Ford Transit Connect drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Transit Connect:

2013 Ford Transit Connect Owner Comments

Jan 122016

Transit Connect

I purchased a 2013 Transit connect from a Ford dealer this fall. Still under Ford warranty and purchased extended warranty through Ford. Today we got our first snow and while driving the tcs kicked in and basically disabled the vehicle. I was unable to move, so while I had my foot on the accelerator the vehicles tvs light was on but the vehicle would not move. I opened the owners manual and looked for the tcs shut off button listed in the manual and my vehicle does have one. So now I realize I am in a dangerous situation because I cannot move and other vehicle including two wheel drive cars are driving around me. I just invested $20,000 in a vehicle for my business ( heating/cooling/electric) and I cannot even get to the customers house with and inch of snow on the ground. I was able to finally reverse to a driveway and after 30 minutes get the vehicle to move down the small grade. I literally was able to drive a 14 year old Honda civic that cost $3200 up the slight slope that a like new with only 32K miles on it Transit connect would not go. I feel this is a safety hazard and I do not feel comfortable driving this vehicle. So far the local dealership and Ford customer care line have no answers for me. Why in the owners manual is there a listed tcs shut off button and a location on my dashboard for it but no part # or option to add it to my vehicle. I invested in this Ford for my business and now I cannot even get to customers homes. I am afraid to drive it now and not sure what to do since the dealer has no answers and Ford had none either. I cannot believe that the engineers at Ford Motor Company did not think to out this tcs off button on all vehicle equipped with tcs and that the NHTSA has not fined Ford Motor Company they have not issued a recall., how can engineers designe a vehicle for the usa that will not move in an inch of snow?

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Sep 152015

Transit Connect

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Transit connect. The contact stated that while driving at 20 mph, the automatic transmission failed. The contact stated that the transmission failure caused the vehicle to move from the drive gear to neutral without the shift interlock button being depressed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the mechanic was unable to duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 5,000. The VIN was not available.

- Acton, CA, USA