8.2

2014 Ford Transit Connect fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Transit Connect:

2014 Ford Transit Connect Owner Comments

Mar 012016

Transit Connect

Well driving my Transit connect. I slow down or stop for a light. When it turns green I give it gas and the vehicle will hesitate before taking off. I told my Ford dealership about the recall on the fuel pump but they tell me by checking the VIN no your vehile isnt on that recall. I just find it heard to believe that every recall Ford has had for the Transit connect. My vehicle was not involved in any of the recalls. The issue I am having happens in the city streets, on highway, turning etc. When I need the get up and go from the gas tank it fails to happen

- Pontoon Beach, IL, USA

Aug 122015

Transit Connect

Our Transit connect has not had a problem with the fuel pump, and there are over 7000 miles after less than a year. I bought it at jim bass Ford during the fall of 2014. I noticed the recall for the fuel pump in June and was told by jim bass Ford in san angelo that parts weren't available. The NHTSA and Ford.com website information concurred. I checked the first week of August, and online still says the parts are not available. But the jim bass Ford technician said I could bring it in and they would check it and see if it needed a new fuel pump and associated parts. My appointment was made for one week later, which was Tuesday, August 11. Yesterday they told me Tuesday that it would be fixed by today. The technician said the parts were available as of yesterday, but today when I arrived to pick up the van, I was told the parts had not come in and it could be weeks before they do. Rather than leave the van in the hot sun for weeks, I took it home to my garage. Then I called Ford.com customer service and was told the parts won't be ready until October. Tonight I read the NHTSA report again which says that fuel pump problems of some vans were taken care of in February, 2015. I feel like I am getting the run-around from everyone. Whose information is correct" are the parts available now or not? if so, why can't they get parts for my van? also, I have not received a recall letter from Ford. Any information I have gotten has been from either the NHTSA website or Ford.com. Can I drive the van? why haven't I gotten a recall letter" my husband was with me when I picked up the van today. Diane G. coleman michael L. coleman

- San Angelo , TX, USA

Jul 202015

Transit Connect

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Transit connect. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V005000 (fuel system, gasoline). The contact stated that the part needed was not available within a reasonable timeframe to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available and the contact was unable to obtain the vehicle until the repair was performed. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure.

- Morton Grove, IL, USA

May 282015

Transit Connect

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Transit connect. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V005000 (fuel system) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Milton , MA, USA