1998 Ford Windstar accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Windstar:

1998 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Jul 202006

Stranded! AGAIN!! Here goes.... put the key in the ignition, the key won't turn at all, tried to pull the wheel to the left and right to loosen up and get the key to turn, won't turn. Ford says it'll cost me about $400 to drill out and have replaced (plus towing costs).... Lock Smith says $125! Don't know how reliable either fix will be. In the meantime, by lots of research of complaints from people with Ford Focus ignition lock cylinder problems, I found out if I bang on the plastic around the ignition (where you insert the key) it might loosen and allow me to start the car. It actually did work but I understand it is only a temporary fix! This is just one of multiple issues I have experienced with this hunk of junk on wheels since I purchased it in 2000.

- , Harleysville, PA, USA