1998 Ford Windstar brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Windstar:

1998 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Dec 082002

Windstar 6-cyl

On 12/7/01 my ABS light came on and the trac off light started blinking. I took it into the inver grove Ford, mn and the diagnosis was broken wheel sensor and had to replace the ECU. That cost us $1600. Then on 12/8/02, the 2 lights came on again. I called Ford very upset and was told that there is only a 12 month/12,000 miles warranty on the part. After another diagnostic test, it was determined the ECU again went out. Ford offered to pay $500 of the $1147 estimate, but it infuriates me that automobile companies can get away with this type of "highway robbery" and only warranty such an expensive piece for a short period of time. It is now a safety issue, because my anti-lock brakes do not work! what am I to do?

- Port St. Lucie, FL, USA