7.3

1998 Ford Windstar electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Windstar:

1998 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Dec 162009

Windstar 3.2L

I have a problem with the automatic door lock. The button in the door is recessed below the surface of the door but the only way to unlock the door is to use the key to open it. So if you accidently lock the door once you are inside you have to roll down the window and use the key in the outside lock to unlock the door again. I have the keyless entry but the only door that it actually opens is the rear hatch, the key will not open the sliding passenger door, but it is high enough above the door that you can pull it up.

- , Edmonton, AB, Canada

Jun 012009

Windstar GL 3.8L V6

2 of the door locks will not function with the power doorlock switches, any of them. They have never worked, and I feel they won't until I fix them. I will post with what does fix them.

- , Waynesboro, PA, USA

Oct 302006

Windstar ES

I always had electrical problems with this van. The inside lights will be on/off sometimes, now is the locks... one door will not work one week, then another... I brought to 3 different mechanic and they told me the same thing... I need to change the electrical harness and/or door latches because there is a short somewhere. I replaced the door latch for the hatch door 2 months ago, and now the that door is working fine. I am very disappointed with Ford cars lately.

- , Somerville, MA, USA