7.0

2. replace runner control (2 reports)
1998 Ford Windstar engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Windstar:

1998 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

May 152009

Windstar LX 3.0L

i need it fix asap i have it presently at the auto mechanic garage trying for the past 2 weeks to get something done on it in addition to motor mount rear needs replacing , the manifold, water pump, transmission seal, spark plugs, etc i would like to know if ford is going to help pay for any i am the 3rd owner , not really sure.

- , Jersey, NJ, USA

Jun 012006

Windstar 3.8L

Ford knows this intake manifold runner control valve cause problems with the check engine light. The car doesn't seem to need this because I've been driving for 2 years with it and my car still runs well and it's 10 years old. The problem comes during inspection time. In 2007 I took it to be fixed and they fixed code 1538 for the manifold runner control, but they didn't fix code 1537 of the manifold. Which cause the service engine soon light to come back on and once again I will have to pay almost 500.00 to fix the problem. Ford stop adding junk to your cars that don't last or isn't needed. If you want to keep loyal customer be a loyal car company.

- , Philadelphia, PA, USA

Aug 292007

Windstar 3.8L

The engine light comes on and does not go away. The part to fix is approximately $200-$300 and 3 hours worth of labor. Basically, I have just ignored the problem. I had a blown head gasket before this that cost me over $2000. Therefore, if the car runs I ain't fixing anything else. When I find another vehicle I am looking for this will get traded in. As is.

- , Floral Park, NY, USA

Sep 182007

Windstar GL 3.8L

Put a lot of money into this van since I purchased it new. Assuming repair to cost about $400 to 500 minimum, if I'm lucky. Want to know if pays to repair or can I drive it through the winter to trade it in, in the spring? Other then the check engine coming on & off periodically it runs fine. HELP!

- , Holbrook, NY, USA