1998 Ford Windstar fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Windstar:

1998 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Jan 252002

Car stalls and cuts off when slowing down to stop - making sharp turns - when completely filling gas tank up - at the half way point on fuel gauge

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Jan 232002

I was informed that the problem was recalled in 1998. I inform the local dealer of of this recall and asked if this problem could be fixed. He stated that the recall has expired and that the Ford dealership would not pay for this. I feel that since I was not notified of this at anytime. I was not able to take the vehicle in to get fixed. The infomation pertaining to this is: 97B17 (program number) issue date: Feb 98 recallm - fuel gauge/sender assembly." Reason for this program: The fuel gauge in the instrument cluster of your vehicle may read approxiamately 1/4 full when there is very little fuel in the fuel tank. This could cause you to experience the inconvenience of running out of fuel" I have a copy of a letter that my repair man has given me to see if the dealer ship would fix the problem. We have one vehicle and have three children. I can't relie on this vehicle at this time. I am afraid that the vehicle would stop all of a sudden and then an accident may occur. Thank you for your time. Monica mcclurep all

- Beale Afb, CA, USA

Nov 011998

Gas tank sensor unit failed.

- Portervill, CA, USA