1998 Ford Windstar transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Windstar:

1998 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Jun 242003

Windstar 6-cyl

I purchased a 1998 Windstar van from the Ford dealer located in corning ca. I have had nothing but trouble with it passing smog for the oxy sensor. And the transmission has never worked right. The turbo thing is bad. When I went to trade it in I found that the vehicle was out of Canada. And these things were part of the recalls reported to you. But, Ford of corning said they did nothing to this van before selling it to me. I found 14 things wrong with this vehicle. I acted up a month after purchase. But I was on aware of my rights as a consumer. Also, I was not sure what oms meant. The van is stuck in folsom, ca at aamco transmission repair shop. Financed through fireside bank. Ford of corning said they did nothing to the van before I purchased it but cleaning it.

- Corning, CA, USA

Nov 022001

Whenever vehicle is shifting from 1st gear to 2nd gear it would jerk. Problem happens at low speeds, 20-25mph. Can maintain control of vehicle. Had been to 3 different mechanics, and each time was informed that problem was torque converter.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA