$3,028.00

1. ford to pay for repair (1 reports)
1998 Ford Windstar transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Windstar:

1998 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Feb 032012

Windstar GL

DONE! I had this van for about 2 years and only drove it for a total of maybe 3 months due to all of the time down and broke. Head, gaskets, hoses,tire studs, recalibrated, recalls, other stuff i don't understand... thousands and thousands and it still stalling, switching mechanics again and again hoping someone can help. And NOW the transmission!?!? NO FREAKING WAY! I sold the POS for scrap. (what I really wanted to do was push it over a cliff and blow the damn thing up)

- , Spring Grove, PA, USA

Nov 272002

Windstar

I have had a problem with this car since the day I picked it up used , from Monroe Ford last June. My warranty only covered 12,000 miles/ 1 year. I asked for another warranty with more miles and was told that this warranty was the best they offered. I had the car 1yr. 2 mo. and the transmission goes and Ford can not give me any assistance with the cost because I am not the original owner of the car. My chevy blazer went 120,000 miles before I traded it in and all I ever did was change the oil and the brakes. Normal wear and tear I expect however, I do not expect to buy a car new or used car, and replace the transmission at 66,000 miles. Ford should stand behind their product and pay for their cheap and faulty Transmission. I am begining to think that it got a great saftey rating because it is never on the road!

- , Monroe, NY, USA