7.7

2. replace #10 fuse under dash. (1 reports)
  3. replace brake pressure deactivation switch and fuse #10 (1 reports)
2000 Ford Windstar accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Windstar:

2000 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Jul 052012

Windstar 3.8L

The battery died so I replaced it and I found the alternator not charging so I replaced it as well. The speedometer and odometer are displaying half of actual which was the case before the battery died.

Update from Jul 16, 2012: Odometer reads half of actual distance eg: travel 20 miles actual, odometer records 10 miles. Speedometer shows 25 mph while traveling 55 mph.

Also before I replaced the battery and the alternator these things occurred, plus the door locks were opening and closing while driving.

- , Locust Grove, VA, USA

Jul 142008

Windstar LX 3.8L V6

I had this problem and the ABS light was coming on also. I did the fix myself and took pictures as I went. I have a blog post that details it. I welcome corrections if anything is incorrect. Here is the address:

- , Centerville, UT, USA

Aug 292007

Windstar 3.8L

friends don't let friends drive Fords

- , Saint Louis, MO, USA

Sep 222007

Windstar SEL 3.8L

I'm driving my car and all of a sudden the speedometer and odometer go out at same time then the (abs) light comes on and stays there!!!! My parents bought this for us as a gift for the baby because our accent is too small for 3 kids!!! i need to find someone to fix the darn thing at least my dad had enough foresight to buy us an after market warranty... except i can't find anyone to fix electrical problems in Vegas using the warranty yet!!!!

- , Las Vegas, NV, USA

Mar 112007

Windstar LX 3.8

Not that bad but no AC in Florida kinda sucked. But thanks to the good oh internet I fixed it with a singal fuse.

- , Palmetto, FL, USA

Feb 052007

Windstar LX 3.8L

WELL, TO TELL THE TRUTH I'M NOT ACTUALLY SATISFIED W/MY VAN... I DON'T KNOW HOW FAST OR FAR ANYTHING IS ANYMORE BECAUSE THE SPEEDOMETER AND ODOMETER JUST QUIT... THE DEALER SAID VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR $52.00 REPLACED @ HOME NOT AN EASY PROCESS DID NOT FIX THEN THEY TELL US ITS TRANS RANGE SENSOR $51.00 BUT THEY SAID HATE FOR TO SPEND THAT MONEY IT NOT FIX IT SO WHAT DO YOU DO? DON'T BUY A 2000 FORD WINDSTAR STICK TO OLDER MODELS WHERE YOU CAN ACTUALLY REPAIR THEM.....

- , Hohenwald, TN, USA