8.7

1. to recall this part (2 reports)
2000 Ford Windstar body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Windstar:

2000 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Oct 082010

Windstar LS 3.8L V6

I was driving home from work and it felt like i had run over a big dog or something and my steering wheel turned 90 degrees to keep going straight til i could stop. Had it towed to my mechanic and he said it was lucky i didn't wreck at 65 mph. The crossmember snapped off right next to my passenger tire. I paid 700.00 to replace crossmember and changed all the tie rods myself. It still isnt the same but im outta money right now and don't wanna put more into it. By the way it made for a crappy Christmas for my kids too.

- , Gladstone, MO, USA

Jan 162011

Windstar LX 3.8L

OK FORD COME ON THIS PART SHOULD BE RECALLED BECAUSE ITS ONE ALMOST EVERY VEHICLE I HAVE WORKED ON MAD FROM YOU BETWEEN THE YEARS OF 99-03, AND ITS FUNNY THAT IT IS ONLY SEEN ON THE PASSENGER SIDE. I WOULD UNDER STAND IF IT WAS IN DIFFERENT AREAS OTHER THEN THE BACK PASSENGER SIDE IN THE EXACT SAME SPOT ON EVERY FORD BETWEEN THEM YEARS SO PLEASE PUT A RECALL ON IT CAUSE IT IS TO BE KNOWN ITS FORDS FAULT. I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO JUST THROW FREE MONEY AROUND TO FIX THE PROBLEM, BUT I HAVE A SOLUTION DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME AND YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TO PUT ALL THIS OTHER MONEY OUT THERE FOR THE MISTAKE THAT HAS HAPPENED ON YOUR OWN FAULTS

THANK YOU AND PLEASE RECALL THIS PART. YOU ALL READY KNOW ITS YOUR FAULT THANKS

- , Lexington, KY, USA

Jan 012010

Windstar SE 3.8L

click to see larger images

engine sub-frame rotted

RF SUB-FRAME ROTTED! ANOTHER METAL PROBLEM FOR FORD, TALK ABOUT CUTTING CORNERS,FORDS METAL IS VERY BAD 1999 TO 2003 VERY BAD! FRAMES SHOULDNT ROT OUT ! ANOTHER LIFE THREATING ISSUE ! I CAN NOT BELIEVE THERE IS NO RECALL ON THIS! I HAD READ MANY FORD WINSTAR OWNERS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM! I GUESS UNTIL THE LAW SUITS START COMING IN FORD WONT DO ANYTHING! I WOULD LOVE TO PUT THE CEO FROM FORD IN MY VAN AND SEE HOW COMFEY HE FEELS DRIVING IT WITH A FRAME THATS ROTTING!

FORD IS CUTTING CORNERS AND ITS SHOWING !!! THIS WILL BE THE LAST FORD I WILL OWN..WHEN EVERYONE STOPS BUYING THERE PRODUCT IM SURE THEY WILL TAKE ACTION...

- , Fairless Hills, PA, USA