2. replace instrument cluster (1 reports)
2000 Ford Windstar electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Windstar:

2000 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Mar 042014

Windstar LE 3.6L

Instrument gauges appeared possessed -acting like windshield wipers on a high setting. A slap on the top of the dashboard sometimes corrected problem temporary. Dealership would replace it for $500 I replaced the instrument cluster with a used one ( $75.00). Cleared the problem for about a year then the problem came back.. not sure but it must be a computer issue???????

- , Hampton, VA, USA

Oct 152015

Windstar V6

The only thing I can say is I don't know why one day alll of my gauge's starting with my RPM gauge went "Kokomo LOCA". They straitened back up for a week or 2 but my RPM gauge had gotten stuck down in my transition gage spot didn't do anything to damage it I could still move all the gears. But when it finally desided to pop back up it broke the tip of the RPM gage off it started to go "4loco" again than it fell back down in the transition gear spot nothing's effecting my transition #Ijustwannatysonmyvan I love her but but she's acting like a jip right now

- , Sumter, SC, USA