2000 Ford Windstar electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Windstar:

2000 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Jul 162009

Windstar 3.2L

I have had my van to the shop 2 times for the same problem and nobody seems to know what it is. I have no speedometer, no odometer, my abs light is on, no a/c, and no heat. It keeps blowing the same fuse everytime we put a new one in. We are going to try a third time and if this doesn't work I'm getting rid of it and never buying another Ford EVER!!!

- , Harvel, IL, USA

Jul 242009

Windstar 3.6L

I have had nothing but problems with this piece of sh*t since i have bout it & I cant afford to sue the dealership that i got it from or i would have already. The piece of sh*t now keeps blowing the same fuse that controls the speed control, the odometer, the speedometer, a/c. We have pretty much eliminated everything attached to that fuse for a short & have come u with nothing. Can not figure it out for the life of me & i'm tired of putting money into it. The last time this fuse blew was when the alternator went, short of paying for another one that is the only option i have left. Can anyone come up with a solution to this problem?

- , Woodstock, VA, USA

Jan 012009

Windstar LX 3.0L

speed control module and rear blower motor in the front IP control fuses blow at the same time. speedometer stops working and rear blower motor does not operate from front controls, but operates from rear controls.

- , Livonia, MI, USA