2000 Ford Windstar engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Windstar:

2000 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Jul 162014

Windstar SE 3.8L V6

I bought the van in July, 2014 for a carpool van to work. I am a mechanic since 1981 so I always go over my used cars before they are put in action. I check the car from bumper to bumper and get a list of everything it could possibly need. The next step is to rate the problems as far as what is a safety problem or which ones might leave you stranded and then the ones that need attention but can wait for your budget.

While driving this van around for about a week, I was pulling up to my front fence and just as I was coming to a stop the van accelerated on it's own. I immediately smashed the brake pedal with all force I could and turned off the ignition. From that time on it never happened to me again, but when I sold it to a local family the same thing happened to him after about a week of ownership. Do you think that this is the van's way of initiating a new owner?

I read about similar complaint but with auto pedal adjust which this van doesn't have. If you can think of anything that would be causing this I would like to know. I'm sure there might be others with this problem.

- , Yermo, CA, USA