2. 1 replaced upper & lower carb. in-take (1 reports)
  3. purchase a ford windstar valve cover repair kit (1 reports)
2000 Ford Windstar engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Windstar:

2000 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Aug 102013

Windstar LX 3.8L

Check Engine light constantly on - had it checked 3 times and told it was lean gasoline - then the actuator arms fell off on intake manifold runner control when the mechanic tried to put in new bushings and he also told me that its leaking oil - the engine is listed at lean at 1 and 2 on the engine.

- , Ashburn, VA, USA

Nov 232011

Windstar LX 3.8L

I have only had this vehicle for a couple of weeks so I do not know for how long the P0171 and P0174 code have been on. I erased all the codes when I bought it and they came back up. This is another item that ford should recall and have fixed. They should at a minimum pay for the labor. These codes are caused by a design flaw in the valve cover that allows oil to get to the isolator bolts and cause the rubber material around the bolts to shrink and crack creating a vacuum leak between the upper and lower intake manifolds due to a loss of tension. This is a very common issue in these vehicles and Ford does have a TSB out for this problem. It is so common that you can buy a kit with all the parts needed specifically for this problem. I will be buying the kit to repair myself but I will still end up having to take it to the dealer to pay for the PCM to be reprogrammed which is another requirement under the TSB and unfortunately I can not do it myself. What a bunch of BS.

- , Miami, FL, USA

Jan 032007

Windstar Maroon 3.8L

I have been dealing with this problem ever since I bought this junk. I have replaced the MAF sensor put in new fuel filters also the number 5 valve has been going out since 2006 now the number four has joined in. I have asked numerous people how to fix this problem but am told that it is in the winstars nature.Will isn't that great

- , Louisville, KY, USA

Nov 032006

Windstar LX 3.8L V6

Having check engine light ON in the car. It cannot be inspected in NY. So first I replaced the Carb. in-take gaskets, it worked a little bit, but it came back on. Now I can either change the O2 senor in the one bank (exhaust) or do the in-take again. HELP ME!?!

- , Hudson Falls, NY, USA