2000 Ford Windstar engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Windstar:

2000 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Jun 012013

Windstar LX 3.8L V6

Van is going through 3qt a month, never any spills on ground so it must be getting burned off while driving a for see this being a complete engine failure in the future, I am in the market for a new van now.

- , Noblesville, IN, USA

May 152007

Windstar LX Sport 3.8 L

At 80,000 miles, I cannot keep oil in this car. There is no visible evidence that it is leaking out. It is smoking pretty bad when I crank up. I'm getting rid of it as soon as I can.

- , West COlumbia, SC, USA

Aug 282007

My 2000 ford windstar lost a transmission, and within the same week the engine is cracked or something. Oil is pouring out and the whole car shakes no matter what you do with it. I dont think I will be able to afford to fix it and I'm not sure the dealer will help. What is wrong with Ford that they can't sell a decent vehicle????

- , LaGrange, KY, USA

Aug 202006

I will never buy another Ford!!!!!!!! What a piece of sh*t! I am just waiting for the engine to blow up. I paid a fortune for it and it has absolutely fallen apart. The engine is not the only problem. The electrical system is failing fast too and the paint on the top has a huge spot that has totally pealed off. I am sure that it will be "Found On Road Dead" one day in the near future. My advice is to stay totally away from Ford products. This is a vehicle that only has 59,000 miles on it. They say cars are lasting alot longer now days. Ford must be the exception.

- , Parkersburg, WV, USA