1. repaint (3 reports)
2001 Ford Windstar body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Windstar:

2001 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Nov 032014

Windstar SEL 3.8L

I purchased my 2001 Ford Windstar, brand new back in October, 2001. My Windstar has always been garaged kept, never abused, no accidents, adult driven and meticulously maintained. Since I bought this vehicle it has experienced a large number of problems including: the transmission failing ($1600), the water pump failing ($400), the front struts cracking and needing to be replaced ($1300), fuel pump failing ($500), lower intake manifold failing ($550), alternator failure ($200), power steering pump failure ($300), isolator bolts needing to be replaced ($500), oil pan leaking (pending), extreme subframe rusting out (pending), rear axle cracked (pending) and countless other problems.

- , Willowbrook, IL, USA

Jul 102013

Windstar LX 3.2L

Clear coat suddenly started to peel on front hood. Have to strip to metal then repaint and clear coat.

- , Franklin, VA, USA

Aug 182006

Windstar LX V6

Ford vehicles are garbage, I have had two Windstars and have had bilateral head gaskets go at 4000 miles, multiple electrical issues, and the latest is the paint is peeling off the hood. I took it to the Ford repair shop and the lead paint man said it is a manufacturer defect, he actually documented this. I believe I am going to have to take them to court despite the fact that I called and told them at their main headquarters about the issue and what their own representative said. I would never buy or recommend a Ford vehicle to anyone. I cannot believe how you are treated after the warranty runs out but hey, I wasn't treated very well with the head gasket problem at 4000 miles.

- , Niagara Falls, NY, USA

Jul 142007

Windstar LX V6

We have seen other s in our town w/ the same paint peeling problem.

I thought it was just chipped paint int he beginning, by the time I realized it was a problem, our warranty had expired.

- , Sunland, CA, USA