1.7

2001 Ford Windstar brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Windstar:

2001 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Sep 232008

Windstar

I noticed a few months ago that my brake fluid was low. There was no visible leak. Just recently my 2001 Ford Windstar had to be taken to the dealer. During an inspection it was noted that the brake switch was leaking brake fluid. I was told that this needed to be fixed immediately as it could lead to a fire. However, the dealer did not have the part in stock. I was advised not to drive the vehicle till the part could be fixed. It will be fixed this weekend and I plan to keep the old part. This is extremely concerning considering that the reason most people get this type of vehicle is because they have children. Knowing that a vehicle could start on fire while children are being transported is extremely concerning to me. It is obvious from what I have found that this is a common problem that Ford is aware of.

- Hoffman Estates, IL, USA