8.0

2001 Ford Windstar electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Windstar:

2001 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Jul 072015

Windstar SEL 3.8L

My electrical system is screwed up. Automatic doors work when they want to. And if I leave anything plugged in, it drains my battery. I am on my 3 red one in 5 years! So now I try and remember to unplug everything. It's a pain in the ass. As the battery is being jump started, everything electrical in my van starts going nuts!

- , Waterloo, WI, USA

Mar 082011

Windstar SEL 3.8L V6

I have replaced the alternator x3 and the battery x2 and have recently moved to South Carolina with my kids. This is apparently not a concern that Ford has even when it is happening to so many vehicles. These alternators cost $150 to $180 each time and the battery is up to $100. I have even started on the dealerships that will tell you that the other 6 items listed as recall doesn't apply to your particular van. I do love my van but it would be nice if it didn't cost me as much as a years rent to fix it.

- , Roebuck, SC, USA