1. replaced coil pack (2 reports)
2001 Ford Windstar electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Windstar:

2001 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Mar 102011

Windstar V6

My van was running very rough and I could smell raw fuel from the exhaust. I immediately suspected a misfire. I hooked up my diagnostic tool and it showed a misfire on Cylinder #3. I first changed all plugs and wires. Noticed they were all original. Still had misfire.

Next was the Ignition coil after researching, I found that this was a common problem. After replacing the ignition coil, it ran perfect.

- , Hickory Hills, IL, USA

Jul 152009

I was driving my vehicle and it started to shake and the check engine light came on. I parked it for a few days and finally got it to a mechanic they told me it was the fuel injector even though the computer testing was showing a coil problem. They wanted over 300.00 dollars to fix the fuel injector. I took it to another mechanic and he determined it was the coil pack cost about 200 dollars to fix. I also know a friend who had this same problem with her car and then her air conditioner went out I haven't had that problem yet.

- , Bean Station, TN, USA