4.0

1. replace fuse panel (1 reports)
2001 Ford Windstar electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Windstar:

2001 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Feb 272006

Windstar LXE V6

The problem started out with the dashboard lights going off & on, almost to the beat of the music on the radio. Then they went out permanently. I had to use a flashlight to see how fast I was going!!! Then one rainy day, the van was parked out on the driveway and it started honking, just like a bratty kid was sitting inside the car and having a great old time.

It turned out that the seal around the windshield was no good and rain was leaking in and soaking the fuse panel. The dealer assured me that the fuse panel had to be replaced. I wish I had challenged them on that, but I was in a hurry to get it fixed. The total cost for having the windshield removed and re-installed, and the new fuse panel, was over $450..

- , Methuen, MA, USA