2. replaced with dvd/system (1 reports)
2002 Ford Windstar accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Windstar:

2002 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Jun 082007

Windstar SE 6.0L

Gone are the days with the VCR/TV combo! We bought this Windstar when it was "prime" for the time! Wow a VCR?? Well it only made it about 3 years before it went out. Of course it was right before warranty, and nobody that "Ford" had authorized could even figure it out. So at my expense I took it to a accessory shop, that installs and repairs these things all the time. Yep it was gone, the VCR had literally died, and the TV had burnt out. Because its overhead, we had to replace the TV, with a TV/DVD combo (tapes are now obsolete) and I have left a empty console that held the VCR. What blew my mind is the the Ford mechanics couldn't even figure out a STOCK FORD problem!

- , Moses Lake, WA, USA

Jul 082007

Windstar SEL

The video monitor wont show picture while in full down position. When it is partially lowered you can see the images from the vhs player. I think it is a wiring issue but not sure how to remove the monitor to see if problem with wire??? Contacted Ford, but they only want to sell me a new vehicle! I just want to fix problem on the cheap for those long family trips.

- , Windsor, Ontario, Canada