8.7

2002 Ford Windstar electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Windstar:

2002 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Dec 232012

Windstar Sport

Took it to mechanic- he hooked it up to a machine- all is good. My battery is 8 months old.

Same story, different day- battery light is on all the time. BUT today I have 4 kids with me and we're in the middle of no where again. So I pull off on a side road- headlights flashing, no dash lights, no radio, can't accelerate. Crap.

I pulled over, shut it off, waited, and thankfully she started up and off we went. WTF?

Tell me there's a notice I haven't received and this too will be covered! Please!

- , Pipestone, MN, USA

Jul 162008

Windstar Sport V6

Alternator replaced and it checks out OK. Battery light still going on for no

apparent reason. Car runs and starts fine.??????

- , Lake In The Hills, IL, USA

Oct 082007

Windstar LX 3.8L

i have replaced the alternator 3 times in 2 years and the battery twice. no one knows what the problem is. why does this keep happening to me.. someone help.. am i the only one with this problem?

- , Aylett, VA, USA