9.0

2003 Ford Windstar AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Windstar:

2003 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

May 052015

Windstar LX 3.8L

I ultimately feel blessed for owning this vehicle, even though the heater issue. Fortunately, I live in San Diego. We rarely have to turn the heat on. But it is annoying when the lack of defroster doesn't allow you to see out the windshield without the assistance of the windshield wipers.

- , San Diego, CA, USA

Apr 052012

Windstar LX 3.8L V6

I THINK FORD SHOULD REPLACE ALL 1999-2003 FORD WINDSTARS IN ANY MODEL CAUSE THEY SEEM TO HAVE A LOT OF PROBLEMS AND RECALLS AND THEY SHOULD REIMBURSE US CONSUMERS WITH ANOTHER VEHICLE OR PAYMENT ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE PAYING A CAR NOTE ON IT LIKE ME. FORD NEEDS TO TAKE THESE VANS OFF THE MARKET AND GIVE CONSUMERS THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY BACK OR REPLACE THEM WITH A BETTER MODEL VEHICLE.THAT IS SAFE AND NOT PUTTING YOU IN DANGER!!!!

- , Chicago, IL, USA

Dec 012011

Windstar LS

My heater motor went out for the back air/heat in the summer and it cost 250.00 to repair now that its winter my front is stuck on air, or it just blows cold air. I hear a ticking like its trying to switch but it don't. I suspect it is an actuator but dont know how to get dash off. With 3 kids very inconvenient because its been pretty cold for a few days. I called a repair shop and the part isnt very expensive but at 70$ per hr and a 6 hr job it is. Everything is going wrong on vehicle after 1st of yr buying something else.

- , Williamsburg, KY, USA

Dec 302008

Windstar Limited V6

We have never had a problem with the climate control on our Windstar until December of 08 and of course we are having this problem during one of the coldest winters that our area has seen in years! The front & rear vents blow cold air while there is a slapping noise coming from the unit. It makes the noise whether or not the fan is engaged and only when the temperature is moved to heat. The noise persists for 10 or more minutes before something finally connects and warm air starts to blow. I have looked on several forums for Windstar complaints and it looks like it could be one of two things. One entry stated that they had the same problem which turned out to be the blend door which would cost in excess of $500 and 8 hours of labor. The other possible problem would be the actuator which is supposed to be a cheaper fix. I just pray that it's the latter as we have several other problems with this vehicle and it's not paid off yet! The vehicle is a comfortable ride and has had minor problems until now--why can't this stuff happen when it's still under warranty!

- , Knoxville, TN, USA