2.0

2003 Ford Windstar accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Windstar:

2003 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Dec 202009

Windstar

My 2003 Ford Windstar has been continuously giving my electrical problems. First the rear parking sensors disengage when in reverse. While driving the ABS, brake and traction control lights come on the dashboard. I'm not sure what it does, but the vehicle does then not function properly. The traction control and brakes don't seem to be working properly.

- Lindenhurst, NY, USA

Jul 252009

Windstar

With no prior problems to report, I was suddenly unable to put my vehicle in gear after starting it. The gear-shifter felt somewhat loose as if I were parked at an incline without putting the hand brake on. However, I was parked on level ground. After turning the vehicle off, I was finally able to get the vehicle out of park and into neutral where I was able to start it and put it into drive. Whenever I placed it in park it was extremely difficult to get it back into any other gear however, it would randomly go into gear as if there was no problem. But once placed back into park it would get stuck again. Now there is all kinds of wacky electrical stuff going on...window swithches aren't functioning, no tail lights, fuel gage is not functioning and the remote alarm entry only unlocks the drivers side door. There is a clicking in the left side of the steering column when trying to utilize any of the listed electrical functions.

- Pacoima, CA, USA