1.6

2003 Ford Windstar body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Windstar:

2003 Ford Windstar Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Feb 122011

Windstar

The contact owns a 2003 Ford Windstar. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign id number: 11V030000 structure: Frame and members: Underbody shields repair was performed, but the failure was not corrected. The front subframe developed a new crack due to corrosion, and the rear passenger side subframe was severely corroded within the suspension attachment which developed a crack and a hole. The vehicle did not pass stated inspection and was deemed unsafe to drive. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 107,694 and the current mileage was 129,399.

- Cicero , NY, USA

Mar 222012

Windstar

The contact owns a 2003 Ford Windstar. The contact stated that the vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign id number: 11V030000 (structure: Frame and members: Under-body shields) however, the dealer recommended that the sub-frame also be replaced, due to corrosion. The manufacturer was made aware of the dealer 's recommendation to replace the sub-frame, but the manufacturer denied any assistance with the repair. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and the current mileage was 70,000.

- Palmer , MA, USA

Feb 102011

Windstar 6-cyl

Recently issued recall of 2004 Ford co. Minivans for input shaft failure, all Ford Windstar including 2003 models have the same issue. Freestar van is nothing but a name change for the same poor unsafe vehicle. Along with the many safety issues, owners should be compensated for the repairs made on substandard vehicle. Including the frame issues, brakes issue, electrical and engine quality.

- Haddon Twp., NJ, USA

Dec 232010

Windstar

The contact owns a 2003 Ford Windstar. The contact stated that the vehicle was experiencing numerous failures with the ABS, brake light illumination, slow gear shifting and power windows and door lock failures. The manufacturer was contacted and advised that there were no recalls for the vehicle. The manufacturer denied any assistance with repairs to the vehicle. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer to be diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was 101,000 and the current mileage was 104,000.

- Gulfport, MS, USA

May 142011

Windstar

The contact owns a 2003 Ford Windstar. The contact stated that the automatic doors would open and close without anyone operating the control buttons. The dealer was notified of the failure and advised that there were no recalls for the failure. The manufacturer was notified and confirmed that there were no recalls and offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 119,000.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Mar 012009

Windstar 6-cyl

Ford vehicles should not only be recalled for rear axle rust. There should also be a recall for rust that constantly occurs around the rear wheel well panels. The rust appears to start from underneath the rear side panel on the Windstar. It seems like this is occurring along with the rear axle rust. The sliding side doors have a continuous problem with closing completely when any of the control buttons were used. The doors would reopen over and over. Repeated visit to the service department did not solve the problem which seem to involve the pulley system.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Jul 012009

Windstar 6-cyl

I have a 2003 Ford Windstar with 94,000 on it. Bought it second owner with 18,000 miles only on it and a 75,000 mile warranty. My entire frame is rusting from the door panels to the under frame, supports. Heck I have a hole that developed the size of my fist in the side frame near the passenger sliding door in the rear. My hitch wont even hold cause the metal just bends inwards. There are cars on the road with 150,000 that do not have the rust my car does. Why do I have to pay for the cheap metal they used during this process. Now I have to buy a new car that I cannot afford at this time. I was hoping to keep my car for at least a couple more years but now I cannot, its dangerous. They even told me my rear axle is bending. I will continue to drive my car cause I cannot afford another and if I die so be it I guess cause I guess its all about business as usual. Nothing personal but I am putting my blood on your hands and Ford hands. I cannot drive and lose my job. If it happens it happens when it should have. My sister also has a Windstar that collapsed this weekend upon making a turn thankfully at 25 mile per hour. I drive 70 at times where permissible. Thank you for listening to my concerns and my distinct rudeness. I am just fed up with holding the bag for big business. I paid alot of money for this car. First owners paid 26,000 I paid 19,000 used only two years old. Had it only five years. Heck I had my Dodge for ten. Please please do something before I or someone else dies.

- Blasdell, NY, USA

May 192008

Windstar

My complaint is for a potential problem. I have a 2003 Ford Windstar that has a water leak in the roof body seams. I took it to a dealer on 5/19 who had a specialist come in to look at it. They said they couldn't do it and suggested taking it to a body shop. I don't think body seams leaking is normal wear and tear and I'm afraid that if I'm in an accident, there could be deadly consequences due to the structural defect. Ford is not being helpful at all. I'm a single mom with no money, but I guess I have to take it to another dealer that has a body shop and have them tear it up. Help. The car has never been in an accident and I bought it new. It took a while for me to figure it out because the water that comes in goes right into the hatchback/trunk carpet. I kept thinking that my kids spilled something or I left the window cracked, trying to give Ford the benefit of the doubt. I don't have time to be bringing my car in. Any other complaints?

- Matawan, NJ, USA

Jan 152003

Windstar 6-cyl

Body seams not sealed resulting in water intrusion into floor seat anchors of passenger compartment.

- Portland, OR, USA