2003 Ford Windstar brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Windstar:

2003 Ford Windstar Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 102009

ECM module defected according to the brake shop. The brake shop pulled the codes and all the codes said to replace the ECM module. The reason I took my 2003 Windstar to the brake shop because my brake light, on by dash, comes on and my brakes makes noise like the brakes are on but they are not. This problem is intermittent and the brake light resets when the minivan is turned off. The brake shop said I had excellent brakes and the ECM module is defected. It will cost 600-800.00 dollars for repairs at my Ford garage. But I understand as of now, there is no recall for the ECM module, however there maybe a recall in the near future. A recall will be great for me saving me 600-800.00 dollars. Thanks

- Versailles, KY, USA

May 032008

Ford Windstar brake, ABS brake, cruise control, and speedometer/odometer electrical problems. Our van has had this issue twice now and needs to be a recall item as Ford is well aware of the issue and the major safety issues it presents! we are looking for NHTSA to press them for a resolution with so many of these vehicles on the roads and the number of events.

- Fuquay Varina, NC, USA

Sep 052008

ABS control module failure in 2003 Ford Windstar van; less than 80,000 miles on vehicle; replaced by Ford dealership on 9-5-2008 for a cost of over $1,400; preventable action taken before serious accident occurred.

- Duluth, MN, USA

Jul 012008

Anti-lock braking system fails when outside temperatures are above 90 degrees.

- Aberdeen, NC, USA