6.0

2003 Ford Windstar transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Windstar:

2003 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Jul 072007

Windstar SEL 3.2L

Bought my 2003 Windstar in 2007 and soon discovered that the trans shutters when I first put it in reverse and accelerate immediately. I've learned to put it into reverse gear and give it a moment before backing up. 3 years later and it hasn't gotten worse, although I am very careful about "slowing my process down". Recently was told by my mechanic (Ford Dlr) that the trans fluid smells burnt and I have shaving in the oil. Looks like it's gonna cost some big $$.

- , Brooklyn, MI, Uzbekistan