7.0

1. replaced window motor (5 reports)
2003 Ford Windstar windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Windstar:

2003 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Jun 182015

Windstar SEL V6

One day as I pulled up to the mailbox to get the mail I rolled down the passenger window on my family 2003 Ford Windstar and as I was rolling it up it started to stall so I pulled up with it and it closed, I pulled up since on my 2002 Ford Explorer the back passenger window does that sometimes but has never died on me. Then a few days later I was doing the same thing and it happened again only this time it was stuck 3/4th of the way up. I think I would like to know so I can report to my mother on the family minivan why the f*ck that happened because we ended up having to duct tape a trash bag over it until my parents paid for it out of pocket because Ford said it wasn't their problem. Which I think it was since the garage we took it to said that it was a faulty wiring in the factory installed motor.

- , Greenville, SC, USA

Aug 012008

Windstar LX 3.2L V6

again this van is junk. I love the convenience but nothing works.

- , Lititz, PA, USA

Apr 062011

Windstar

Driver side window doesn't work. Try going through a drive through with a wheel-chair patient in back of van without a working window.

- , Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Dec 062011

Windstar SE 3.8L

We was driving one day and tried to roll down passenger window only to find out it didn't work. You may get in the vehicle every once in a while and it may work but three forths time it will not roll down or gets stuck and have to guide with hand. after hearing so many complaints not just on this but other flaws the 2003 ford windstar has, i am wondering why ford isn't taking care of their customers and having these problems fixed?

- , Coeburn, VA, USA

May 032011

Windstar

Again, I am adding a complaint to my list of Ford Windstar complaints - Transmission failure, interior lights and buzzers going off while driving, and the window motors are constantly having to be replaced; if we want to be able to go to any drive up windows or just plain put the window down for any number of reasons! Tired and on my last bit of patience!

- , Tipton, MO, USA

Oct 012009

Windstar SEL 3.8L

Both windows at the same time, pretty much stopped working. When you would shut the door the window would roll down by themselves. Replaced both switches, didn't help, so we replaced motors. It cost like $80 each side off of ebay for the motors and the hubby replaced them and cussed for a couple hours because they aren't the easiest to replace. You got to shove this big contraption in a small hole, but they work now, cause they are aftermarket parts.

- , J-ville, IL, USA

Sep 232006

Windstar SE 3.6L

Drivers window stoped working. Had to have the motor and actuator replaced.

- , Quincy, MA, USA

Sep 152006

Windstar EX

First year of getting van, the windows don't work. Window wipers didn't turn off. Lights come on in car. Left signal doesn't work, ABS light comes on. Brakes are new and make alot of noise. Engine light comes on and off. Heater fan is broke, dash board lights sometimes they work sometimes they don't work. Steering it is loud and sometimes hard to turn. Always feel the van is driving off balance.

- , 3333 Comly Rd, PA, USA