2.4

2007 GMC Acadia body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 GMC Acadia:

2007 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Jul 102015

Acadia

The sunroof leaks and causes electrical problems. Suddenly while driving the power steering gears, rack, and bushings are defective causing the power steering to go out during low speeds. Tried having it replaced under the recall, however, 9 months later the same thing happened and nobody wants to fix it or allows for the dealer to replace it again. This is a major safety feature that should never be acceptable! also, the transmission already had to be replaced and is going out again. The manufacture made a faulty vehicle and should be held accountable for these parts and the labor not to mention the inconvenience of having to fight with the dealer and GM to get the problem corrected.

- Claremore, OK, USA

Dec 292015

Acadia

At 80,000 miles transmission went out and had to be rebuilt. Car is also leaking under the passenger and driver floor board and moon roof/sunroof drips down from dome lights onto third row seats. Leaking has caused multiple electrical problems. When there is a heavy rain ignition will still run even after key is turned off and key is out of ignition car is currently at 130,000. Also ignition will power down even while care is in motion warning light will illuminate stating "engine power reduced" "traction control off" and vehicle will not move. Car has had more problems than any other I have owned, will never purchase another GM vehicle.

- Winder, GA, USA

Dec 012014

Acadia

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that water penetrated the driver side floor of the vehicle. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer to have an inspection performed. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 9,000.

- La Puente, CA, USA

Sep 122015

Acadia

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that there was water leaking into the vehicle near the sun roof and from the interior driver and passenger doors. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the seals needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000.

- Apopka, FL, USA

Feb 222013

Acadia 6-cyl

Trans went out shortly after purchase, alternator went out shortly after purchase, needed new wave plate, needed new alternator, sun roofs leak water through the interior lighting and down both A-posts. Continues to run after shut off and key removed. Slips gears, will not upshift.

- Littleton, CO, USA

Feb 072012

Acadia 6-cyl

The car has leaked since we bought it. We have had it in the shop several time at the place we bought it and it continues to leak. Recently, the leak has started to affect the electrical workings of the car. The floor has been saturated with water and when approaching a stop, water will pour from the ceiling, soaking the driver and rear passengers. The water will run down the inside of the windshield which impacts visibility.

- Troy, TN, USA

Apr 022014

Acadia 6-cyl

Water leaking in car causing poor visibility and unsafe conditions as it drips all over, down the windshield, and out of the lights and dvd monitor.

- Perrysville, IN, USA

Apr 182012

Acadia 6-cyl

Every time it rains the cab leaks water everywhere inside vehicle, can't even go through a car wash.....only a matter of time before mold, mildew and electrical problems occur..not to mention having to where a rain suit in the car every time it rains.

- Perrysville, IN, USA

Jan 182013

Acadia

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that while having regular maintenance performed on the vehicle, the technician advised him that there was a leak from an unknown source that was causing three inches of water to accumulate on the floorboard area. The contact removed the carpet from both sides of the floorboard and discovered that the floorboard was covered in mildew. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the manufacturer was made aware of the failure, but did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was not included in any recalls. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 96,000 and current mileage was 96,600.

- Jacksonville , AL, USA

Jan 012011

Acadia 6-cyl

Bought a used 2007 GMC Acadia slt in may of 2010, since then I have had headlights blowing constantly, engine shutting off while driving, warning lights coming on, however my biggest issue is that I bought this vehicle in sunny el paso, tx and then moved to rainy germany with the military. Now the car is constantly leaking water from the seat belts, airbag squares, emergency brake, dvd system and several places on the roof (inside) and the pillars (inside). I am concerned that this is messing with all the electrical of my car and I am wondering if my airbags will work if ever needed. It seems there is hundreds of people across the world that have the same problem but GMC wont do anything about it. I cant get rid of the car because of this and I am not sure I want to take the risk of driving it. What now? GMC only puts out a tsb for this but wont address the actual problem, since I bought used I have no warranty plus I am overseas where there is no one to fix it under warranty even if it was possible.

- Apo , AE, USA

Oct 202011

Acadia

Mold/musty smell, water leaking from dvd entertainment system and under dash on both driver and passenger floorboards. Dealer cleaned sunroof drains, replaced sunroof seal, still leaking. Water is settling into electrical components in dash including the blower motor.

- Newport News, VA, USA

Jun 012009

Acadia

I am on active duty an active duty military member. While attending a military school, I purchased a new 2007 GMC Acadia from a GMC dealership nearby. After the course, I served a year at a military station in another state, while there, my vehicle was serviced twice for recalls by a GMC service center nearby. One of the recalls was to fix a defect in the sun roof that was causing water leaks. I had the vehicle serviced in 09 while the vehicle was still under warranty just before shipping for a 2 year overseas assignment. At that time, I identified some electrical issues. Soon after my arrival to my overseas assignment, more electrical issues developed along with mystery water leaks that were saturating the carpet and causing mold to grow inside the vehicle. There was no GM service center in that country so I had to live with the leaks and electrical problems. Finally after about a year, I had a minor accident where my tire hit a guard rail doing about 10 mph. All the air bags deployed but there was no other damage to the vehicle. At this point I quit using the vehicle. The seat belts didn't work, the ac and heater didn't work, the left blinker didn't work, the engine would not shut off with the key, the battery box behind the passenger seat kept flooding with water and I had to disconnect a battery cable every time I parked the car to keep the battery from dying. The vehicle was unsafe. I am now stationed in the us and have shipped the vehicle back to the usa. I am now trying to resolve all these issues with a local GM service center but I am being told by that service center that the vehicle is basically totaled with only 60K miles but since it is now out of warranty, I am responsible for the repairs.

- Youngstown , FL, USA

Jul 202010

Acadia

Took 2007 GMC Acadia in because ac blower motor was not working. When ac was turned on it would make a loud noise and couldn't get air to flow. They determined that the blower motor went out due to water leaking in though the side and front body panels. Since the 36,000 bumper to bumper warranty is up this leak is no longer covered. We have the extended warranty, but because the motor went out due to a water leak the blower motor is not covered. So we have to pay out of pocket for something that is clearly defective to begin with. I have also had water leak in through the inside airbag square, I hope that this inflates if I need them.

- Richardson, TX, USA

Dec 202007

Acadia

Since the vehicle was purchased in brand new condition around November 2007 the vehicle has encounter several problems with water getting inside the cabin due to the poor water drain system installed on vehicle. Water drain system has been repair in sections and taken to GMC shop for all recalls. The water drain system has failed again on May 31, 2010 when the vehicle was in the car wash. The dealer/GMC shop is aware of the on-going issue. The entire water drain system on the vehicle should be replaced or vehicle bought back from GMC, if water gets into the electrical system it could be a potential electrical fire, injuries, traffic collisions or death.

- Pico Rivera, CA, USA