2007 GMC Acadia brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 GMC Acadia:

2007 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Aug 232016

Acadia

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that the stability and traction control independently turned on and off and the indicators for each illuminated on the instrument panel. The contact stated that the vehicle jerked when coming to a stop or making turns. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 114,000.

- North Highlands, CA, USA

Mar 012016

Acadia

Had the vehicle for 4wks and have been back to dealer 4times. 2times for check engine light (2nd time reported water leakage in front floor driver & passenger sides after it had rained), 2times for stabilitrak off and service brake system warning (3 different incidents one within 1 wk of purchase), interior lights for entry and rear console controls are inoperable.

- Neptune, NJ, USA

Jun 142013

Acadia

While driving at over 65 mph in heavy traffic, the transmission disengages, causing car to coast to a stop. Reduced engine and transmission performance. Also intermittent driveabililty issues, transmission does not shift, false messages/codes re: Stabilitrak, air bag, onstar, oil and gas gauges, etc.. at 122,936 miles in July, 2014, transmission replaced at cost of $4967.42.

- San Clemente, CA, USA

Feb 052015

Acadia 6-cyl

While traveling down highway, car displays message "service stabilitrack engine power reduced". car slows down and shakes. Turning car off for a few minutes then turning back on clears issue, however, happens multiple times daily. Very dangerous while traveling on highways or freeways.

- Rio Rancho, NM, USA

Apr 292014

Acadia 6-cyl

2007 GMC Acadia...it has 62000 miles on it & just in March we had a problem with a metal on metal scraping sound(& you could feel it when you braked) like it needed new brakes but brake pads were like new. And the service airbag light is on, then service traction control message, & service stabilitrack message came on too & it started jerking when you hit the brakes like the ABS brakes were kicking in. So we took it to robinson's & they turned the rotars & rotated my tires & when I got it back it rode like a dune buggy. Took it back & said it needed new struts cause "something" stayed in a locked position or another. So then we got it back & the scrubbing noise/feeling came back with the brakes again so then they finally just put new brakes on it & so far so good $1000 later! now, this morning I was in a drive thru & it felt like my car was in neutral when I tried to go forward & I had to look to see if I moved the gears & then I noticed the orange engine light was on. It barely wanted to go & the rpms just kept getting higher & higher & it was struggling to move so I pulled over & had onstar run diagnostics & codes PO700 & PO716 power train detected malfunction transmissions & transmission not performing as expected!! I noticed after she ran the test my car sounded like it changed back to normal while running so I cut it off & back on & it drove ok back home but now we have to have it looked at & I'm just sick to my stomach over this! it looks like it's gonna be a broken wave plate & ending up resulting in a new transmission I can not afford!!! I know it's 2007 but with such low mileage & in great condition I wouldn't think it should have all these problems especially with the transmission!! I have read so many reports on the same issues which are beyond ridiculous considering how much you pay for these vehicles!!!! this is totally unsafe & needs a recall asap!!!

- Cedartown , GA, USA

Jul 092013

Acadia

My car would not go over 40 mph on a highway and the rpms were shooting up to 9,000. I safely made it to a parking lot and when I went to leave the car would not move in reverse! I had to push the car, with my 5 children in it, out of the spot!! (I'm a tough chick but this was crazy!). I got the car out of the lot and was able to slowly make it home. My car is only 10 months past warranty and we will be stuck with a big bill. I think it should be covered or GMC should reimburse the repair fee.

- Bedford, IN, USA

Jun 152012

Acadia

While driving on the interstate, I had to brake quickly because of accident ahead. At this time, the stabilitrak service message and brake message started alternately flashing on dic. Brake and stabilitrak warning lights also came on. The car decelerated like when you shift down on a manual transmission when I tried to accelerate again, no response. Tried turning stabilitrak button back on and off, but this did nothing. After a few seconds the car started to accelerate, the engine light came on. I was in heavy traffic and was difficult to get over to shoulder. I had about 10 miles to get to my house, so watched the engine temp gauge, and made it home. Engine light remained lit. The engine gauge indicated the cars temperature rose about 15 degrees above what it usually is.started the car the next day without any warnings or messages displayed and took the car to my mechanic, he ran the codes on cars computer. It showed no errors, was a little low on water. He said to drive it and let him know if it happened again. The vehicle had been in operation for another 45 days, with no more signs of problems. 46th day, the vehicle's service message for stabilitrak and brake flashed again, with warning lights for these coming on as well, after car was driven approx. 4 miles and parked for about an hour. The vehicle operated fine. I parked the car again for about one hour, warning lights came on after about a mile the next day the same episode. Now I'm into the 2nd week of the brake and stabilitrak warning lights coming on and off. Will call the dealer because at this point I'm afraid of another gear down like the first incident and being in heavy traffic-that's not safe however, I've been to the dealer before about the passenger airbag sensor saying it's off when there is a passenger sitting there. Checking cars computer said "codes? showed nothing wrong? are the "codes" infallible"

- Mabelvale, AR, USA

Nov 122011

Acadia 6-cyl

My 2007 GMC Acadia has always had very poor traction on wet roads and sometimes on dry roads. Yesterday I was driving on the freeway in heavy rain when the steering wheel suddenly jerked to the right as though my right front tire had run over a large object. A few minutes later it jerked right then left then right again. Each time the steering wheel would lock for an instant. I found myself partly over in the other lane. A very dangerous situation. I didn't notice any warning lights. This problem occurred twice more before I realized that it seemed to be happening only on upsloping parts of the road or when I tried to accelerate. As I had always suspected, the traction control system on this car is faulty and dangerous. Faulty power steering cold also be a possibility. I tried to drive home at a steady speed and had no further problems. About a year ago I told my local GMC dealer that I thought the car had very poor traction and the system should be looked at. They told me they checked it out and there was no problem.

- Escondido, CA, USA

Jul 072010

Acadia

2007 GMC Acadia produced message stabilitrack off. The car started to slow. Looked in owners manual, it said to pull over shut off the engine and wait 15 seconds and restart. I did that but waited 25 seconds tried to restart, nothing happened. When this happened all the gauges malfunctioned and the engine light came on. Was towed to dealer, dealer did diagnostics, and said could not find nothing wrong. This happened once before without the consequence of not starting. Just came off of the expressway 10 minutes prior to this occurrence.

- Ubly, MI, USA

Mar 262010

Acadia

2007 GMC Acadia all warning lights come on and sterring gets very hard to turn. This is third event since Oct 2009 and the dealership has "fixed" it each time.

- Running Springs, CA, USA

May 132008

Acadia

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Acadia. While driving at any speed, the traction control light remained illuminated. As a result, the vehicle suddenly slowed down. While driving 30 mph, the traction control light dimmed and caused the vehicle to lunge forward. The contact lost control of the vehicle and struck two mailboxes on the side of the road. There were no injuries and a police report was filed. The vehicle was in the process of being diagnosed when the crash occurred. The current and failure mileages were 21,273. Updated 07/08/08. Updated

- Gaffney, SC, USA

Nov 302007

Acadia 6-cyl

Several issues with this new 2007 GMC Acadia. Most prevalent is the failure of the gas gauge not reading the gas reading correctly. 1st time noticed and taken for service was 3 mo. Old. The gas gauge reads (E) when I've just filled up the tank. Dealer replaced 02 sensors. 1 mo later experience same issue. Gas gauge reads (E) even when tank is full. Taken back to dealer and this time replace (2) O2 sensors and the "sending unit". 2 days later, with the gas gauge reading at half full, the car lunges forward into another gear on freeway in traffic, and stalls. Cannot turn car on - all warning lights on. Towed to dealer. Now states that I need a whole new gas tank because the "baffle" is broken? still at the dealer and is unresolved. This car is unsafe. Previous issues: Car leaks at the sunroof. Not fixed yet lumbar support broken - somewhat fixed but still not like the new ones on the lot. Lumbar handle fell off - replaced backup sensors fell off of bumper - replaced seat tracks jerk - replaced both driver and pass. Still not smooth but dealer says that's the best they can do.

- Alta Loma, CA, USA