2007 GMC Acadia suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 GMC Acadia:

2007 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

May 072012

I own a 2007 Acadia I've had this for the past 3 1/2 years when I bought it the dealer had to put struts in the front because they were bad. Since then it started to sway all over the road, you actually get sick in the back seat, I've brought it back numerous times to get recalls done and have recieved quotes to replace and try parts to see if it will stop it from swaying costing almost $4000 and it still does the same thing. I've recently brought it back to the dealer because of the same issues and now they're replacing the struts for the 4th time and telling me I need another $4000 worth of work done to include sway bar, control arms, well pretty much the whole stabilization and suspension system. Which I'm guessing should of been done 3 years ago when this all started. How do I get the dealer to go good on this.

- Malone, NY, USA

Jun 302011

Acadia 6-cyl

When I purchased the vehicle there was a noticeable whine in the steering. I asked the salesman and he said that noise was typical with Acadia's and there was no issue with the car. When I took it in for an oil change at a different dealer right before we left on vacation, I was told the power steering pump was going out and needed to be replaced immediately. Did that even though we were delayed going on vacation and subsequently had it replaced two more times as well. Also have had leaks in the sunroof that continue to return, and have now messed up my power window controls to the point that I can not control any of the other windows from the drivers seat. Have had to replace the water pump, front struts, and now the solenoids are being replaced as well. When I purchased my car it had right at 54K miles on it and I had an extended warranty, that covered my power steering pump issues, but I have had to deal with the rest. I will have now put almost $3K into repairs that seem to be very typical with this car, based on what I have read on the internet.

- Point Pleasant, WV, USA

Jan 312013

I have owned this car for about a year and since I have owned it have had nothing but problems. First the struts were blown, the dash lights would go from bright to dim, the steering wheel made a clicking noise, the windows leak...this car only has 41,000 miles I mean come on! now the transmission has completely failed and after reading other websites it sounds like I will be paying $4,000 dollars. I am a new mom and have 3 step kids. I can't feel safe in my car because I'm worried about it breaking down constantly. Now I have to dump all this money that I don't have into it. I really just want to cut my losses, but is that really the best thing to do? I'm stuck with this junker car and I couldn't feel more sorry for all these other people having the same issues. I'm absolutely miserable. Thanks GMC you suck.

- Juneau, AK, USA

Aug 062008

Acadia 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Acadia. After rainy weather conditions, the front driver's side of the vehicle sustained water leakage from the sunroof. The front passenger side exhibited excessive water accumulation on the floor area and a strong odor in the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for inspection. The vehicle was repaired and the floor panel was replaced. In addition, the front driver's side door failed to lock. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer on seven separate occasions for identical failures, but there were no resolutions. The contact stated that if the moisture issue remained uncorrected, mold could form in the vehicle. The vehicle is currently at an authorized dealer for repair. The failure mileage was 16,000 and current mileage was 19,000. Updated 1/26/09 *cnthe gas cap was cracked, there was a vibration coming from the front of the vehicle. The dealer machined the rotors, the vehicle pulled to the left, the tire pressure monitor light illuminated, but the dealer could not duplicate the consumer's concern. Updated 01/26/09.

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA