9.3

$2,857.00

1. replace transmission (14 reports)
  3. rebuild transmission (8 reports)
  4. repair wave plate and clutch (2 reports)
  5. replace transmission control module (1 reports)
2007 GMC Acadia transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 GMC Acadia:

2007 GMC Acadia Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 152014

Acadia

I was just driving along and my transmission started slipping in low gears, then it just stopped working completely. I was stranded on a main road. I am waiting for the mechanic to look at it and see if I need a new transmission. I know the tow truck company stated that he just towed a vehicle before ours and guess what, it was a GMC.

- , Navarre, Fl, USA

Oct 272014

Acadia SLT2 3.6L V6

We purchased 2007 GMC ACADIA three years ago with 44,000 miles on it, within that week the car start experiencing issues. I keep going back to the dealer that I purchased this vehicle from to report the problems, some of the things they did fixed but I was complaining about my transmission every time I visit them. Since the Codes were not showing on their computer they were unable to fix it. Now my transmission broke down.

I called GM and asked them to help me with the cost to fix the car, their answer is that the vehicle is out of warranty and they can't do anything about it. A guy named James from customer relations at the GM is a total dush.

Please help us. I'm still paying for this vehicle and I can't drive it, I don't have money to fix the transmission. This is crazy, we paying so much money for these cars and we can't even feel safe driving them.

- , Linden, NJ, USA

Jan 192010

Acadia SLT

At approximatley 1730 hours on 19JAN10 (Thursday), while returning from the grocery store, the transmission appeared to disengage, allowing the engine speed to increase without propulsive effect. This came on suddenly and in a distance of between ¼ and ½ mile, the vehicle could no longer move. I pulled to the side of the road and called AAA for a tow and my wife to transfer the groceries.

3. I called GMC roadside assistance and had the vehicle towed to Tustin Buick Pontiac GMC at 1 Auto Center Drive in Tustin. I also spoke to service adviser David Miller prior to the car’s arrival and explained the complaint. He replied that the vehicle had arrived around 5PM and they would likely not be able to diagnose the problem till Saturday (21JAN10). 5. On Saturday (21JAN10), Dave Miller phoned and said the transmission needed to be removed and disassembled to find the source of the problem. 6. On Tuesday (24JAN10), Dave Miller phoned and said the “Wave plate” in the transmission had failed and one was not immediately available. He was escalating the issue through GM to locate one. 7. On Thursday (26JAN10), Dave Miller reported that the Wave Plate had arrived and reassembly could commence. 8. On Friday (27JAN0) Dave Miller said the transmission had been reassembled but not installed or tested. That was to occur on Saturday. 9. Dave Miller called Saturday afternoon to report that the transmission had been installed and tested but was still not functioning properly. He further informed that he was to be on leave beginning the following week and that another service adviser would be handling the case. 10. I received a call early Monday morning from Tim Golden (standing in for Dave Millers vacation) service adviser stating the car was ready for pickup. I questioned his information as I saw no way that the problem could be resolved between Saturday afternoon and early Monday. He checked and called me back several hours later, concurring that the car was not fixed. 11. I received no update from Tim Golden on Tuesday and finally called him on Wednesday afternoon requesting status. He did not have any update and clearly did not know any more than he did Monday morning (which was nothing). 12. Thursday morning I called the service manager and requested that he get Tim engaged and get an accurate update. Tim called a few hours later and said that the transmission had been removed a second time on Tuesday (evidently nothing happened between Saturday afternoon and Tuesday). He said the problem was found to be a plugged oil passage due to the magnet in the pick-up sliding out of its recess and partially blocking the oil intake. He forecast the transmission would be reassembled, tested and ready for pickup by COB Friday. 13. Friday around noon, Tim called and said the car was ready for pickup. I picked up the car in the late afternoon. 14. The initial drive-ability of the car was different from previously although not specifically a problem. There was a pause in between shifting into reverse and engagement of 1-2 seconds. There was some question if the shifting was smooth and consistent but as we continued to observe it, it smoothed out after a couple of days.

Aug 242014

Acadia SLT 3.6L

unknown if this would fix the lemon of a car, worst model ever!

Dec 212013

Acadia SLT 3.6L

replaced hoses 3rd time, car stopped moving forward. Now the dealer is stating it's the hoses leaking causing loss of transmission fluid.. I've replaced something different each time the car stopped moving forward.. This did not fix the problem.

Oct 182013

Acadia SLT 3.6L

This was the second issue .. my car stop going forward for 2nd time. this time they said it was the tcm- module that was causing the problem... I fixed this found. The same problem came back 2 months later. Gm still no recall or assistance.

Jun 232014

Acadia SLE 3.6L V6

I bought the car before 3 month the engine light is on , I check the car they told that there are three errors 1- error code P0700 2- error code P0797 3- error code P0430 I would like to know what is the means of this errors and what is the solution to fix it. I feel that the car is not powerful as what it should be and increase in gasoline consumption.

- , Doha, Qatar, Qatar

Jul 212014

Acadia

Seems like GMC is going to wait until some innocent family dies and there's a huge lawsuit before they decide to recall this car or at least fix the transmission problems. I'm so thankful that my family didn't get hurt when our transmission went out while we were driving it. It's just a matter of time GMC - do the right thing now and save your reputation, which equates to $$$ - the one thing you understand.

- , Bothell, WA, USA

Jul 012014

Acadia SLT V6

GMC has had an issue with the Acadia Transmissions for a long time. Particularly due to the wave plate and from what I've seen on line, the plates were not "stress relieved" during manufacture making them weak. The car was not under warranty and I took it outside GM for repair so no help on the cost of the fix.

Avoid these cars, they are very nice, but they have issues.

- , Rockwall, TX, USA

Jun 042014

Acadia

We bought this car with approx 50,000 miles on it. In the last 22,000 miles, we've had resistor packs replaced 3 times, and now this. We have had all of our service work done at the dealership. We'll have spent around $5,000 on repairs on this vehicle in under 2 years. Poor reliability for this vehicle.

- , Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Mar 222010

Acadia SLT

(this is the second transmission failure of 3, each requiring a rebuild)

1. On 22 March (Monday) 2010 at about 6:30AM, (wife) left home to drive to work. As she traveled down Culver enroute to the 405 freeway, the transmission would not shift, engine RPM was above 4000 and the “engine” light was illuminated on the dash. She returned home and took the Suburban to work. At around 9:30AM, I returned from a meeting to verify the fault. As I drove out of the cul-de-sac, the transmission seemed to work normally. As I drove ~1/4 mile and was braking to a stoplight, the transmission downshifted much harder than normal (actually decelerating the car). As I left the stoplight, the transmission would not shift out of first gear. I attempted placing the shift selector in “L” and use the manual shift to force it to shift but despite the shift lever in “L”, the enunciator still displayed “D”. I shifted the selector in and out of all gears but could not get the transmission to shift out of 1st gear nor would the enunciator display “L” when in that position. I drove home and called Tustin Buick, Pontiac, GMC and they advised the car be towed there. I called GMC roadside assistance and the car was picked up around 11:30 and arrived at Tustin GMC a short while later. I gave the above details to Robert Krause. He expected to get the car in the shop after the lunch hour and expected to call with some indication of the duration of the repair so I could arrange a rental car. He did not call at all on Monday.

2. On 24 March (Wednesday), Robert Krause called around 11AM and reported that they had identified an “engineering” part required to repair the transmission and had forecast its arrival by 10AM via overnight mail on Thursday. He believed that it might be possible to complete the on Thursday but more likely Friday. He will call when he has a better idea.

3. On 27 March (Saturday), I called the dealership because I had not heard from Rob and spoke with Tim Golden. Tim did not have any new status and could only report that the car was “still on the rack” and that he knew that “the mechanic was not working today”. I asked about getting a rental car because I had returned the car I borrowed (at noon on Saturday) and he asked me to come in on Monday AM and they would provide me with a scrip for an Enterprise rental that was “a literal stones’ throw away”.

Apr 122010

Acadia SLT

(This was the 3rd transmission failure of 3 each requiring a rebuild) 1. On Monday, April 12th, 2010 ~6AM, (wife) was on her way to work. As she transited the freeway ramp from southbound Culver Blvd to North bound I405, the engine revved but the car slowed. She pulled onto the shoulder and confirmed that the PCU light was illuminated on the dash. She called me (husband) who called GMC roadside assistance and met her on the ramp and exchanged cars. Steve stayed with the Acadia through the tow and delivery to Tustin GMC. I met Rob Krauss at the dealership, relayed the experience, picked up a rental car and went home.

2. On Tuesday, 13 April, Rob called and explained that they found metal contamination in the transmission and were consulting with GMC service for instructions. I inquired about keeping the rental car beyond the 3 days GM authorized and he agreed to pass my request along to his service manager. Rob called back a short time later and informed me that Tustin GMC would cover the remaining rental.

3. On Wednesday, 14 April, Rob called and informed me that they believed that metal contamination had not been flushed from the torque converter on the previous repair and had found its way into the transmission over time, plugging the fluid channels. The intent was to replace the torque converter and re-flush the transmission. A torque converter was available in LA and had been ordered Tuesday. It was due Thursday and it was possible that it could be done Friday.

4. On Friday, Rob called and informed me that it would not be ready till Monday.

5. On Monday, Rob called and informed me that it would require “one more day”.

6. On Tuesday, 20 April, at about 11AM, Rob called and said the car was ready. I turned in the rental car and picked up the Acadia at about 2:30.

May 292014

Acadia V6

In 2011 had transmission issues with my 07 Acadia where the dealership had to replace plate and clutch and reprogram. Just this week very similar symptoms but now it's the transmission control module that needs to be replaced and reprogrammed. I will never... repeat, NEVER, buy a GMC product again. They know damn well what the issues are and simply don't care. Should have let them go bankrupt when we had the chance. Thieves and scoundrels!

- , Stamford, CT, USA

May 102014

Acadia SLT V.6

Sooo, I got to spend my beautiful Saturday making what should have been a 1 hour trip turned into a 5 hour trip! Due to the fact that as soon as I merged onto INTERSTATE my car decided to have a temper tantrum

and completely quit accelerating, as the RPM's climbed. All my car does is rev up and then when I try give it a lil gas to at least get off the INTERSTATE, where I have cars coming at me at 75MPH!!!! it chooses to do absolutely nothing!!! Finally made it off to side of INTERSTATE, turned car off back on and tried to drive manual, weeellll nope no dice on that either! It got to 3rd and completely quit, dropped back to D. Soo off to the shoulder again where then I noticed the SOB was hot!! I called for a ride, who drove me 25 miles back into town for trans fluid, and nope no dice with that idea either. Soo I locked it up said F it and left it on shoulder, Hoping I can find a way to get it home, as I am going through a divorce and bank account is frozen soo no tow truck option nor auto shop option for me right now! What a great feeling it is to get home

knowing I have 4 kiddos here and no way to go should I need to! I think a BIG thanks is in order for GMC!

Shame on you knowing so many of us are having the same damn issues yet NOTHING is being done about it!! way to say thank you to your customers for purchasing and dealing with YOUR mistakes during 1st line

production!! Drop some balls, step up to the plate and make this right!! GMC has recalls on a damn windshield washer fluid thingy ma bob... but these trans issues that could be fatal are not being validated by us consumers?? I def feel a class action law suit!! How do you sleep at night GMC

- , Shreveport, LA, USA

Dec 092013

Acadia

Piece of crap!! Called GM- they say not their problem!! Really? Bout to be. Anyone interested in a class action, feel free to email me, subject Acadia Problems-sfranco619@aol.com

- , New Windsor, NY, USA

Dec 252013

Acadia SLT V6

Of course, I only find out that the Acadia is known for problems with its transmission AFTER I have the problem with mine. Mine occurred after driving from GA to KY on Christmas eve to be with my mother while she is in hospital from emergency surgery. I turned the key to the Acadia in the hospital parking lot late Christmas day to have the check engine light come on and stay on while the transmission was stuck in first gear. I was able to take the Acadia to a reliable transmission shop in KY who informed me that I would need to have the transmission rebuilt or replaced at the tune of $3,500.00. They said they got the transmission to where it wasn't stuck in first gear. I took a chance and drove back to GA without incident, only to have it get stuck again the following day. My mechanic sent it to his transmission guy and they told me the same thing as the shop in KY... only wanting more money. EXPLETIVE! The three codes that show in the diagnostics are as follows: P0752: SHIFT SOLENOID ‘A’ STUCK ON P0877: TFP SWITCH 4 CKT LOW VOLTAGE P0989: TFP SWITCH 5 CKT LOW VOLTAGE

- , Acworth, GA, USA

Dec 182013

Acadia 3.6L V6

I am the only owner of this vehicle. It has had all of the standard issues that have been reported; water pump, drive chain, and transmission. I have also had other issues that were repaired under warranty.

At 97,000 miles the transmission went out and was replaced. Now at 124,000 miles I am getting the codes for transmission issues again. GM said that the solenoid module assembly needs to be replaced. I was told by the distributor that the transmission that is on the car only had a 12 month 12000 mile warranty because it was paid for with warranty. I was told that if I had bought the transmission from them and had paid for it myself, that it would have a 3 yr 50,000 mile warranty on it. GM just offered me a $2,000 owner loyalty towards the purchase of a new vehicle. I explained to them that I only needed $1200-$1400 to fix the problem, thus saving them $600-$800.

Although I own 2 GM vehicles, I sure am not felling loyal to GM at this point. If they do not repair this problem, I will never purchase another GM product.

Any news on possible class action on the transmission issues?

- , Patterson, LA, USA

Oct 292013

Acadia SLE 3.6L

i was really disappointed. i am a car guy. i followed the maintenance schedule to the mile. i do not recommend buying this vehicle to anyone.

- , Bay City, MI, USA

Oct 122013

Acadia

Driving home from camping with my daughter and 3 of her friends. Felt the transmission slip but thought it was due to rain on the road. Went to church the next morning and it failed turning into our driveway. Thank Goodness. This vehicle is not worth the price. Going back to my old old 99 Ford Taurus.

- , Ridge, MD, USA

Sep 202013

Acadia SLT 3.2L V6

MY WIFE WAS ON HER WAY TO PORT ARANSAS TEXAS ABOUT 6 HOURS AWAY FROM HOME WHEN THE THING DECIDED TO LAY DOWN. WE PURCHASED THE VEHICLE USED ABOUT A YEAR AGO AND HAVE HAD MULTIPLE PROBLEMS OUT OF IT. THIS IS THE LAST STRAW. CALLED GM AND THEY SAID "OH SNAP LOOK AT THAT, YOUR WARRANTY HAS JUST EXPIRED" . I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A BIG GM FAN BUT I AM LOOKING REALLY HARD AT REPLACING THIS THING WITH A DODGE, AT LEAST THEY ARE MADE BY MERCEDES BENZ NOW. THE TRANSMISSION SHOP SAID IT WAS SOME KIND OF PLATE THAT HAD BROKEN AND IT WOULD COST 1800-2500 TO REPAIR. WAITING ON THE BILL NOW.

- , DeRidder, La, USA