9.3

$3,077.00

1. replace transmission (10 reports)
  3. rebuild transmission (2 reports)
  4. repair wave plate and clutch (2 reports)
2007 GMC Acadia transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 GMC Acadia:

2007 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Dec 092013

Acadia

Piece of crap!! Called GM- they say not their problem!! Really? Bout to be. Anyone interested in a class action, feel free to email me, subject Acadia Problems-sfranco619@aol.com

- , New Windsor, NY, USA

Dec 252013

Acadia SLT V6

Of course, I only find out that the Acadia is known for problems with its transmission AFTER I have the problem with mine. Mine occurred after driving from GA to KY on Christmas eve to be with my mother while she is in hospital from emergency surgery. I turned the key to the Acadia in the hospital parking lot late Christmas day to have the check engine light come on and stay on while the transmission was stuck in first gear. I was able to take the Acadia to a reliable transmission shop in KY who informed me that I would need to have the transmission rebuilt or replaced at the tune of $3,500.00. They said they got the transmission to where it wasn't stuck in first gear. I took a chance and drove back to GA without incident, only to have it get stuck again the following day. My mechanic sent it to his transmission guy and they told me the same thing as the shop in KY... only wanting more money. EXPLETIVE! The three codes that show in the diagnostics are as follows: P0752: SHIFT SOLENOID ‘A’ STUCK ON P0877: TFP SWITCH 4 CKT LOW VOLTAGE P0989: TFP SWITCH 5 CKT LOW VOLTAGE

- , Acworth, Georgia, USA

Dec 182013

Acadia 3.6L V6

I am the only owner of this vehicle. It has had all of the standard issues that have been reported; water pump, drive chain, and transmission. I have also had other issues that were repaired under warranty.

At 97,000 miles the transmission went out and was replaced. Now at 124,000 miles I am getting the codes for transmission issues again. GM said that the solenoid module assembly needs to be replaced. I was told by the distributor that the transmission that is on the car only had a 12 month 12000 mile warranty because it was paid for with warranty. I was told that if I had bought the transmission from them and had paid for it myself, that it would have a 3 yr 50,000 mile warranty on it. GM just offered me a $2,000 owner loyalty towards the purchase of a new vehicle. I explained to them that I only needed $1200-$1400 to fix the problem, thus saving them $600-$800.

Although I own 2 GM vehicles, I sure am not felling loyal to GM at this point. If they do not repair this problem, I will never purchase another GM product.

Any news on possible class action on the transmission issues?

- , Patterson, LA, USA

Oct 292013

Acadia SLE 3.6L

i was really disappointed. i am a car guy. i followed the maintenance schedule to the mile. i do not recommend buying this vehicle to anyone.

- , Bay City, MI, USA

Oct 122013

Acadia

Driving home from camping with my daughter and 3 of her friends. Felt the transmission slip but thought it was due to rain on the road. Went to church the next morning and it failed turning into our driveway. Thank Goodness. This vehicle is not worth the price. Going back to my old old 99 Ford Taurus.

- , Ridge, Maryland, USA

Sep 202013

Acadia SLT 3.2L V6

MY WIFE WAS ON HER WAY TO PORT ARANSAS TEXAS ABOUT 6 HOURS AWAY FROM HOME WHEN THE THING DECIDED TO LAY DOWN. WE PURCHASED THE VEHICLE USED ABOUT A YEAR AGO AND HAVE HAD MULTIPLE PROBLEMS OUT OF IT. THIS IS THE LAST STRAW. CALLED GM AND THEY SAID "OH SNAP LOOK AT THAT, YOUR WARRANTY HAS JUST EXPIRED" . I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A BIG GM FAN BUT I AM LOOKING REALLY HARD AT REPLACING THIS THING WITH A DODGE, AT LEAST THEY ARE MADE BY MERCEDES BENZ NOW. THE TRANSMISSION SHOP SAID IT WAS SOME KIND OF PLATE THAT HAD BROKEN AND IT WOULD COST 1800-2500 TO REPAIR. WAITING ON THE BILL NOW.

- , DeRidder, La, USA

Aug 062013

Acadia

My Acadia currently in a Chevy dealership shop. They are contacting GMC to see if the company will do anything to help us out. We have two options: rebuild transmission, or replace it. Rebuilding it only guarantees it for one year, a replacement is guaranteed for three years. Ugh! Should het a call back from Chevy shop tomorrow but have a feeling GMC won't help out especially after reading all the reviews. Why don't they recall it and show good customer service??? I was driving with my two young daughters when the transmission went out. It was super scary!!! Wish I could just trade in the Acadia but financially would be backwards. I am nervous about the Acadia having more transmission problems down the road. Sigh!!!

- , Wauna, WA, USA

Oct 102012

Acadia V6

A new transmission at 80,000 miles! The car was just over the power train warranty by 6 months. Ugh. Really awful!

- , El Cajon, CA, USA

Jul 022013

Acadia

No more GM vehicles for us - Shame that we have to buy foreign vehicles just to get one that lasts. We have had multiple recalls and now total transmission failure. GM should be paying to replace the transmissions on all of these auto frames from 2007 - how can a company make something very evidently faulty and feel no responsibility to correct the problem. No more GMC's for us!!

- , Portage, MI, USA

Jan 212013

Acadia SLT V6

Transmission failure @ 61000 mile. GMC dealership quoted a price of $3500 - $ 3700 for repair with a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty and $4700 for a rebuilt certified transmission. Got it fixed at a 60/40 rate and I was under the impression I was getting a rebulit tranny and I got a repaired wave plate and clutches. I paid the $1800.00 and that is not a 60/40 deal on a repair. The car still does not have great gear change. Took it back to have GMC dealer test drive the vehicle and I explained that the problem wth the transmission is noticed at 40 mph or greater. We drove around the block at about 30 mph. (speed limit in the area is 25 mph). The rep said everything seems fine to him. Rep from GMC Dealership stated he does not recall quoting me a price for the transmission repair. I have a document he sent me with the quote. The GMC Customer service department states they have no control over the price and I need to take it up with the dealer.

- , Lansdowne, Virginia, USA

Feb 212013

Acadia SLT 3.2L V6

This is the second major Transmission issue, on top of 3 software upgrades. I already had the R35 plate replaced when it failed, no reverse gear / would not go above 2nd gear, under warranty at 62,000 miles. Then recently 2 months out of Drive Train warranty the transmission failed again to engage reverse or juddered in reverse, it would also jump out of drive when stopped at traffic light, only to jump back into gear at circa 2000rpm with a jolt!

My local GMC Dealership, who are getting to know my vehicle very well, is now having to recondition the whole gearbox with estimated cost of $2,940 ... GMC are reported to be paying $2K with $940 due from me!

The 100,000 mile / 5 year warranty is 2 months over the 5 years but is 33K miles under the 100K. Not a happy Customer: 2x major Transmission issues, new water pump, new timing chain, new engine mounts, new headlamp connectors, new O2 sensor, new seat mounting bolts ... 2007 was certainly a really bad year for the GMC Acadia!

Would be interested in any class action lawsuits anyone has going for transmission issues if I don't get my $940 plus rental car costs back from GMC!

- , Tucson, AZ, USA

Mar 282013

Acadia

5 weeks after I had my transmission serviced the transmission went out and left me and my 3 kids stranded on vacation, it was difficult to find a transmission shop and more difficult to get a rent a car. After reading Acadia problems on the internet I found that there were multiple complaints of the same transmission failure, I had no idea, it ruined our vacation and cost us $3,000 plus a rent a car, plus having to go back to pick the vehicle up a week later. When I called GMC they did nothing, it wasn't under warranty, but they were aware of the malfunction of the transmissions, I will never by another GM product again, they knew about this and never recalled the vehicle.

- , Franklin, TN, USA

May 042013

Acadia SLE V6

I cannot believe my transmission failed at 77k!!!! My transmission guy (very trusted) said this is a huge problem with these cars and that it is such a bad situation that the new transmissions are on national back order and he has no clue when he will actually be able to get a new tranny to install in my car. He did tell me once it is fixed that I need to immediately sell the POS because it'll happen again in another 60,000-75,000 miles because it is such a poorly designed transmission. I cannot believe I still owe on this car and am forking out thousands to fix this crap. GM needs to step up and own up to this faulty wave plate on the transmission because they just lost quite a few lifelong costumers over this ridiculous transmission design. It failed on me on the freeway with my 2 young children in the car and was very dangerous and frightening for us all. I thought I was being a responsible adult an repurchasing a car that would grow with our family and be a part of our family for 10+ years, but I was sorely mistaken. Currently warning everyone I know to stay away from GM.

- , Graham, WA, USA

Feb 162013

Acadia

Heading out of town and got about 40 miles down the road and transmission started acting up. Wouldn't go over 25mph and had no reverse. Took to dealership and they said it was the transmission. Went to a local transmission company and had new one put in and didn't even make it 1/8 miles from their shop and it did the same thing again. Still have no idea what is wrong with it and now it's been almost a month that I've been without a vehicle. I think if as many people as I see posted are having problems with the same thing on the same year vehicle GM really should get off their butts and do something about.

- , Great Bend, Kansas, USA

Jan 082013

Acadia

Summary:

THE VEHICLE WOULD NOT SHIFT OUT OF 2ND GEAR GOING DOWN THE HIGHWAY. THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON, AND THERE ARE NOW FOUR CODES ALL FOR INTERNAL TRANSMISSION ISSUES. THE CAR IS 4 MONTHS PAST THE 5 YEAR WARRANTY, BUT ONLY 64000 MILES. THIS IS A HUGE SAFETY ISSUE. IF THIS TRANSMISSION FAILS WHILE ON AN INTERSTATE HIGHWAY, AND IT WILL NOT GO OVER 20 MPH, THE RESULTS COULD BE DEADLY. BY RESEARCHING THIS ISSUE I HAVE FOUND A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT OF COMPLAINTS ABOUT 2007 GMC ACADIAS BETWEEN 50000 AND 80000 MILES HAVING TRANSMISSION FAILURES, BUT YET NO RECALLS. THIS IS AN ISSUE THAT GMC IS WELL AWARE OF, THROUGH THEIR OWN ADMISSIONS. WHY IS THERE SUCH A DELAY WAITING FOR A RECALL? ARE ALL OF THE COMPLAINTS GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT FOR A FATALITY BEFORE GMC ADMITS THERE NEEDS TO BE CORRECTIVE ACTIONS? My estimate from GMC is $1400 to repair electrical issues with the transmission, including a solenoid and TCM. GMC has stated that because, " I am not the first owner of the vehicle they will not assist me with repairs". They are attempting to state that the electrical failures with the vehicle are due to wear and tear. This vehicle has 64000 miles, and is in perfect condition. Not to mention these are electrical issues, not mechanical issues that may or may not be the result of wear and tear.

- , Wheatfield, IN, USA

Nov 022012

Acadia

2007 Acadia while on vacation traveling, transmission started slipping, 20 minutes later total failure. Had to have the car towed to local (45 miles) dealer. Of course on weekend, so had to rent a car. Did not think too much about the issue since it was still way under the 100,000 mile warranty and our 120,000 mile extended warranty through CNA. GUESS WHAT........ 5 months out of the 5 year 100,000 mile warranty and either CNA or local dealer did a BAIT and SWITCH, because they now state they sent out a change letter on the extended warranty and it was only for 85,000 miles......YEP.........I am now 5 months or 3,000 miles out of warranty and out $4800.00 in repairs, plus 2 tows (from where we broke down to tow shop, then next day to dealer) and the cost of the rental car for while the repairs are being made. Needless to say I am a bit upset, but even more disappointed in GM and the local dealer.

- , Hartsville, SC, USA

Aug 152012

Acadia LX

This occurred one month after we had to replace the evaporator core on the air conditioning system. That repair was covered by the dealer at one half of the actual cost. The dealer is not willing to offer any concessions this time (not that I blame them). I am waiting to hear whether GMC will cover a portion of the repair cost.

- , Malvern, PA, USA

Jul 302012

Acadia

Car began to shift roughly, went to pull over and warning bells started going off. "ENGINE OVERHEAT", "TURN OFF AC", "TURN OFF ENGINE" "NO TRACTION" ...car immediately shut itself off as I was making turn into parking lot. Narrowly avoided a t-bone collision. Barely made it into parking spot. Antifreeze pouring out of bottom - had to have it towed. 450$ fix. Two days later - transmission completely broke.

- , Lexington Park, MD, USA

Aug 012012

Acadia

Transmission shot on 07 Acadia. Car has 67,502 miles - and is 5 months out of warranty. Lost reverse and wouldn't go above 3rd gear. Without vehicle for at least 3 weeks while dealership fixes the three other acadias with the same probs ahead of mine.

- , Lexington Park, MD, USA