Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Ahh, the ole' sophomore slump. The 2008 Acadia suffers from widespread transmission failure around 75,000 miles.

2008 GMC Acadia accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 GMC Acadia:

2008 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Apr 162015

Wiper linkage failure at highway speed during rain. Original recall # 08091 work performed in 2008 by dealer, but linkage failed again 2015. Independent shop performed repair - but GM refuses to reimburse for known windshield linkage issue, even though recall covers this known defect.

- Littleton, CO, USA

Feb 082015

Acadia 6-cyl

Windshield wipers disconnected during heavy snow fall. This is a major safety issue.

- Syracuse, NY, USA

Feb 202014

Acadia 6-cyl

Wipers are inoperative. Linkage came off wiper motor. Brought to place of purchase and they said the part may have been recalled.

- Duluth, MN, USA

Aug 122011

Acadia 6-cyl

Blower motor inoperative. Replaced 08/12/11 and 06/06/12. It has an intermittent problem at the moment. Living in the North in the winter time it is impossible to defrost the window if the blower motor doesn't work.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Nov 012013

Acadia 6-cyl

While driving the car, I felt water drip from overhead and heard sloshing noises. Shortly thereafter, water began leaking from airbag indicia. Though the vehicle was turned off and key removed, the engine continued to run. Imagine how unsafe to turn off a vehicle, remove the key and the engine to remain running. Before I could get to service, the temperature plummeted to below zero, and I could not get the defroster to work. I scraped the interior of the windows, but without heat, fogged again. Zero visibility. The dealer said there were multiple points where water was seeping into the car, wreaking havoc with the electrical system, including HVAC, defroster. Service tech said there was "blower mower" failure. After some research, I discovered my vehicle had same problems as GMC Acadia campaign 08207, with failure of sunroof part 25930220, which affected limited VIN numbers. We also discovered the airbags are not working from the water damage to the electrical system. The current status of this getting repaired is unknown -- obvious safety concerns! in addition, I had noticed floor mats being damp, but assumed a consequence of the snow and rain. I am convinced that the leak/damp floor mats is reason for the mildew/mold smell. Each of these problems are well documented in their tsbs. I was also shocked to find so many similar complaints! please, please review the correlation between tsbs electrical system failures and repairs to the leaking hose. Of course, GMC denies this is their problem, and says repairs will all be at my expense. Finally, I am not the first person to have this problem! surely, the fact that I (and many, many others) are having the exact leak problems as referenced in GMC campaign 08207 indicates that problem went beyond those VIN#S. they are hiding a big problem. Help!!

- Charleston, WV, USA

Dec 282013

Acadia 6-cyl

I was driving in heavy snow in Virginia when my windshield wipers suddenly failed and I had 0 visibility. I almost got into accident because snow accumulated that quickly on the windshield. Until I found a safe place to stop and wait for help, I had my daughter get out of the car every time I stopped to manually clean the windshield with her hands. I was finally able to stop in a parking lot and waited for a friend to come pick me up. Recall 08091 that hundreds of GMC Acadia owners have complained about should apply to my vehicle.

- Reston, VA, USA

Dec 082008

Acadia 6-cyl

I was taking my daughter to Florida for cheer leading competition; I was just outside of Illinois when the check airbag light and message screen came on thankfully the light went off but came back on on our way back to Chicago and kept coming on and off. Took it to dealer but they only said that the harness was tight they only wiggled it and light went off but came back a couple of days later. Then the power steering started making noise dealer said they didn't hear anything and didn't do anything and noise is getting louder. Then suspension stared it making noise. Took it to dealer and had tie rods replaced. Then the service airbag problem came back and this time didn't go away. Took it to the dealer and they said that the harness was to tight and they rerouted it so it wasn't tight anymore. Worked for a couple of days and its on again but I didn't take it back and now is past its warranty.then head lamp went out. Had to pay dealer $180 (rip off) next the other head light went out. My nephew replaced it in less than 10 min. Now there is a recall for that head light problem. Then wipers arm came loose from motor I had my cousin fix it for me. Now I have had the check engine light on for a couple of weeks took it to autozone came back with the code to replace the canister purge solenoid now I have the transmission problem, it started to act funny shifting pretty hard some times and then a few days ago I was driving on the freeway coming home when I notice the rpms at about 45000 and it wouldn't change gears and the fuel gauge started going nuts I don't know why and had to drive it home on the same gear. Took it to autozone and came back with the same code for the solenoid plus P0700/P0716/P0717 for the transmission. Now my Acadia is just sitting on my driveway no money to fix it and driving my 15 year old truck hoping GMC does something about this nightmare

- Northlake, IL, USA