CarComplaints.com Notes: Ahh, the ole' sophomore slump. The 2008 Acadia suffers from widespread transmission failure around 75,000 miles.

2008 GMC Acadia brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 GMC Acadia:

2008 GMC Acadia Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 222013

Acadia 6-cyl

While getting repairs for my 35R wave plate (ODI 10550736), the dealership told me that my master cylinder was leaking into the power brake booster and needed to be replaced. Like the 35R wave plate, this seems to be a common issue with the Acadia. I was told that if I did not replace the master cylinder, eventually, the brakes would fail.

- Zionsville, IN, USA

Jul 152013

Acadia 6-cyl

Fluid leaked from master cylinder to power booster no visible leaks repaired at my expense about a week later a bulletin from GM that was to extend my warranty to 10 year 120000 miles. There is a process in place to return my money. No safety recall ! both front struts have gone out. The air conditioner is causing problems because of off and on cooling. All of this is with in 55000 miles, the car has 55055miles as of this dated. There seems to be a process of no safety recalls but to issue extended warranty. We all know what recalls do to sales.

- Olive Branch, MS, USA

May 252009

Acadia 6-cyl

Multiple problems with this vehicle. It has been in the shop more than 10 times in the past 4 years that I have owned it, frustrating. List of repairs: Timing belt, head lights, steering, camshaft, oil leak, struts, brakes and this is what I can recall mostly.this vehicle has had multiple services especially for service stability track that never gets repaired, they can't find the problem. Also service air bag keeps coming on but dealership cannot do anything while the light is not on. Very frustrated with this vehicle. I have never experienced so many repairs and services with any other vehicle as I have the Acadia. I owned a galant car before the Acadia for 5 years and only had to do one repair in those 5 years I owned it. I regret purchasing this vehicle! I am a single mother of two and I need a dependable vehicle not one that is malfunctioned!

- Dallas, TX, USA

Dec 072012

Acadia 6-cyl

Driving at slow speed and warning light came on that needed to service brakes. I took it to the local john elway Chevy dealership for service right of way. They came back that the master brake cylinder was leaking and had to be replaced. I am 63, probably have had over 15 brands of cars that I drive to at least 125,000 miles and never replaced a master brake cylinder. I went on edmunds.com online and read multiple complaints from other Acadia owners with even newer models with same problem. I called GM and asked for them to pay for repair, they refused. The mechanic showed me where the master brake cylinder was leaking. He indicated that it is glued together.

- Littleton, CO, USA