2009 GMC Acadia miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 GMC Acadia:

2009 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Jan 032016

I was driving my car at about 70 mphs on the interstate and the car began to slow down and check engine light starting flashing. I almost got hit by the drivers beside and behind me. While honking my horn and putting on the emergency lights I was able to get over to the side of the highway. Towed my car into the dealership and they keep it for about 8 days saying they were very behind. Notified them that my car was coming in for service and was never told they was behind. Finally about 7 days later the dealership is saying they don't know what is wrong with my car. Then on the 9 day the service guy calls me and says they think its the motor but they would have to take it out to see. Possible cost would be any where from $4,000 to $7,000 to fix the problem. There are several special coverage open on my car such as timing chain, water pump shaft seal, loss of power steering and throttle body. After reading other GMC customer complaints I feel it is the throttle body that needs to be replaced. Dealership states they don't know whats exactly wrong with my car but can't figure it out till they take out my engine.

- Tyler, TX, USA

Oct 082015

My check engine light it on. While driving and sitting still my car will jerk multiple times. Make a squealing noise, grinding noise and when accelerating from a stop it feels like my car does not want to move. The squealing noise also occurs when car is being cranked. The tire sensor light has come on recently as well and I have put air in my tires but the sensor will not go off.

- Dallas, GA, USA

Jan 022015

Acadia 6-cyl

Vehicle had a slight misfiring when climbing incline. We replaced two spark plugs. Misfiring calmed down. A couple days later misfiring resumed. Husband was driving daughter to daycare when car had multiple dts codes appeared (stability track, check engine, reduced power) with car suddenly stalling while on a highway leaving barely enough time to coast off the road and out of the way of traffic traveling 60mph. GMC refused to assist us on this issue until we found online a tsb about the timing chain which had broken. Due to the constant misfiring (direct result of the timing chain) two of my catalytic converter became clogged. Those have now been replaced out of my pocket however when driving vehicle home while it does run smoother it now misfires all the time even when not going up hills and idling very low and misfiring while idling. I am scared that while driving my vehicle this may happen again because the issue has become worse.

- Greencastle , IN, USA

Dec 192014

I had purchased the vehicle used from what I had thought was a reputable dealer, boy was I wrong. I was on my way home with it from the dealer an hour and a half drive 1 way, going down the interstate at about 65 mph, when the vehicle started to shake something severe, and the RPM, S went wild. I slowed down, but the shake, vibration continued. Finally it did straighten out, and I got home. A couple days later on my way to work the engine light came on, and than the service all wheel drive system light came on. The next day my dad who is a mechanic, drove it and it shook and vibrated so bad, he thought the wheels were falling off. Came back and put it in the workshop and checked the wheels for tightness, they were ok. Noticed a rather large coolant leak above the water pump, , seemed to be coming from under intake area. Called the dealer and said we were bringing it back on a trailer. On 1 / 1 / 15 at about 9:45 am dropped off at the dealer, told them again what the problems were and left it there. On 1 / 5 / 15 the dealer called us and indicated there was a upper radiator hose that the clamp was loose. I told them it was not and my dad knows where it was from. They also stated that they drove it and could not find any problems with it. After telling me that they said that they are a Ford dealer and do not have the tools to diagnose the vehicle. Right after that the general manager says that he did notice a problem with shifting, but its nothing to worry about. I said than you put your family in the vehicle and take them for a drive, because I will not put myself with my 3, and 5 year old kids in it. He said he will look at it again tomorrow. I will never buy another GM product ever again.

- Marshfield, WI, USA

May 152013

TL-the contact owns a 2009 GMC Acadia slt. The contact stated that while in reverse or stopping on a hill and taking her foot off the brake, the vehicle slightly rolled back. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis but they were unable to duplicate the problem. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 68,000.

- Rising Sun , MD, USA