2010 GMC Acadia body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 GMC Acadia:

2010 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Oct 062015

Acadia

The contact owns a 2010 GMC Acadia. After the vehicle was repaired according to NHTSA campaign number: 15V415000 (structure), the hatchback collapsed on the contact. No injuries were sustained. The failure was recurring. The contact stated that a loud abnormal noise could be heard coming from the hatchback motor. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure could not be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. In addition, the check engine light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the throttle body control module needed to be updated. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 127,681.

- Perryville, MO, USA

Jul 022013

Acadia

I walked out to the back side of my car to get my daughters bag to drop her off at the babysitter's have my toddler in hands the lift gate starts to close very fast I tried to reach for the touch pad to close it but did not work it started to go up and down very rapidly hitting myself and my daughter I pushed my daughter inside the SUV to protect her from getting hit and I ducked to pull out of the way it did not stop it never fully closed just stoped at 80% and opened again.

- Riverbank , CA, USA