2010 GMC Acadia brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 GMC Acadia:

2010 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Jan 052015

Acadia 6-cyl

I have a 2010 GMC Acadia. Several months ago I received the GM special coverage extended warrant letter # 14329. At that time, I had already noticed extreme difficulty in turning the wheel at low rates of speed and brushed it off as probably needing power steering fluid I also noticed a "whining" noise along with this action. I began to worry as the matter kept worsening and already still had trauma from a prior accident in 2010 which left me to purchase this vehicle in 2011 which I thought would be a more safe stable vehicle for me. Upon a few weeks later, while trying to make a left hand turn maneuver, the steering wheel completely "locked" up! luckily, no oncoming traffic was in sight, otherwise, I would have been unable to get out of the way as I was in the middle of the highway! I immediately contacted the dealer and explained my issue and named the letter I had received a few months prior. Thus, an appointment was scheduled. I took my vehicle in on that specific day. The dealer contacts me to inform me that the pump was covered in the warrant but not the rack which they said was leaking on both sides (which is the most expensive part). My out of pocket expense of $1200 after labor and the alignment!! all the parts of the power steering system should be paid for all expense by GM!! this is a tremendous safety issue and peoples lives are at danger! no one has $1200 to just drop on auto repair and I had to take out a loan!! what is GM waiting for hundreds of deaths?!! there's already a class action lawsuit filed GM 4-1-13. GM needs to reimburse me and all others!! GM's CEO's need to do a major recall and take care of their customers. This is no joke and an extreme hazard! I'm also filing a complaint with GM as well.

- Printer, KY, USA

Aug 122013

Acadia 6-cyl

Cruise control stopped working and then stability light, traction control light and ABS lights all came on. Took it to get reprogrammed, happened again next day. Took it a second time happened again a week later. Took it again a 3rd time happening now a month later. So mad.

- Fontana, CA, USA

Mar 042014

Acadia 6-cyl

The brake lights will remain on at times even when the brakes are not being used. Also the traction control and electronic stability control will randomly turn off (frequently) and the dealerships are unable to tell me why and how to fix it. The cruise control at times will not work.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Aug 012011

Acadia 6-cyl

2010 Acadia transmission and traction control safety problems. While driving 70mph on the highway, the traction control system alarm came on in addition to a flashing stability control and ABS warning lights. The rear passenger wheel locked up, the transmission downshifted into 3rd gear causing the vehicle to veer into the right lane. Additionally, we have been having power steering pum problems with the vehicle which made the vehicle difficult to control in this circumstance. Fortunately, there was no other vehicle in the right lane and maanged to pul the vehile off the road. I had my family in the vehile at the time which made everyone very scared for their safety. The vehicle was turned off and restarted which erased the ABS and traction control warnings, but the engine check light remained on and was unable to keep the transmission in drive. The dealer replaced some ecms, but could not fix the power steering issue. Three weeks later, the transimission started shifting hard and after 2 visits to the dealer is not being ivestigated for another ECM failure. The electric systems and power steering issues make this is a very unsafe vehicle.

- Apex, NC, USA