2010 GMC Acadia brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 GMC Acadia:

2010 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Mar 042014

Acadia 6-cyl

As car was accelerating to 30 mph in a lane of traffic into a turn, I heard a loud noise. Then, I couldn't move the steering wheel. I tried to pump the brakes, but the car did not stop immediately. I had no control over the steering, and the car eventually stopped in a parking lot. I was petrified. The radio was still on, and the key was still in the on position, but the key could not be turned. GMC simi valley says the problem was a rod to a cylinder that snapped, and was not due to an ignition problem, or related to a current recall. The whole engine needs to be replaced, almost the value of the car, given its current resale value. I would like to request an investigation into another recall event.

- Santa Rosa Valley, CA, USA

Aug 092013

At random times, my car's steering becomes extremely stiff, sometimes to the point that I cannot make the turn. Usually happens when turning into a parking space or making a tight turn at an intersection. I've noticed that it usually occurs when applying my brakes while turning. I've learned to make these turns without using the brakes. I had the fluid changed, but didn't help the problem. The service technician stated that this is a very expensive "fix", as he thinks it is the pump. Shame on GM for not recalling this product. Are they waiting for someone to get injured? how sad is that! I'm surprised to read of so many complaints that are very similar to mine. Because of this... GM's turning a blind eye... I will most likely never again purchase a GM.

- Dexter, NM, USA

Aug 122013

After starting the car, shifting to drive with brakes applied and slow acceleration while taking a right turn out of my parking space I lost all steering control and brakes became very hard to press as well. I managed to stop the car and put it back to park and turned off the ignition, then back on again. I didn't have the issue again. Luckily I didn't hit another car in the parking lot.

- Eau Claire, WI, USA